Cure Emphysema Naturally (120+ COPD remedies from around the web)
Remember that everyone is different; our unique cell health, lifestyles, environments, etc. all play a role in both cause & cure. I suggest reading over everyone’s suggestions, & seeing if there are things that resonate with you & jot them down. Become an expert in you. Research more about methods you have chosen to see if it will have negative interactions with your medication or if it leads you down another path that might be more helpful. Follow where the research takes you – take an interest in your own well-being. The answers are everywhere, we just have to sort through them to figure out which ones are relevant to us & our unique circumstances. We can only do what we can do with the resources we have available to us, in the lifestyle we are in, and in the unique environments & situations we are in. There are many things on this list I wouldn’t even try based on who I am as an individual with my own unique belief-systems, on my own journey. I look at what might be a step ‘towards’ health, that fits in with my knowledge so far, and that’s what I try. I generally try a new thing every week, and it takes a few months to see results, and sometimes I’ve already quit a method because I don’t feel it’s for me. I guess what I’m saying, is don’t make it hard. Learn about your body & mind, do what you ‘can’ do, focus on baby-steps towards health and bit-by-bit, try to get rid of the stress in your life. Free yourself. Allow yourself to make mistakes. This is a difficult diagnosis for any of us, but the thing that makes it even harder is our own negative attitudes towards life & change.
Last Update to this post: March 2nd, 2014
(SEE VERY BOTTOM OF ARTICLE FOR THE PLACES I’VE SCOURED SO FAR & ACTUAL REFERENCES/LINKS TO ORIGINAL SOURCES)
The research so far has been a combination of the following results:
Diet, Parasites, Herbs, Chinese Medicine, Water, Supplements, Mindset, Gratitude, Spiritual, Hydrogen Peroxide, Detox, Breathing, Exercise, Mold/Fungus Cleanup, Clothing, and Future Research
~ Dr Richard Schulze
- Remove all sugar from diet. (1) (2) (3) (4) Pathogenic cells do not care if the sugar is natural or processed. (5) (6)
- Eliminated carbohydrates (bread, cereal, potatoes) (7) (8) (9) (10)
- Eliminated everything except protein (beef, pork, chicken and fish and fresh vegetables) (11) (12)
- Free-range meats. Not contaminated by antibiotics/steroids. (13)
- Coconut oil (not Olive Oil) for frying. (14)
- Salads. Raw & steamed vegetables (15) (16) (17)
- Eliminate dairy products, especially pasteurized. (Pasteurized = more mucus) (18) (19) (20) (21)
- Noticeable improvement after 2 weeks (22) (23)
- Niacin rich foods: , cabbage, lettuce, , brewer’s yeast, apricots (24)
- Apparently niacin (nicotinic acid) and nicotine are chemically linked. (25)
- The niacin receptors in the brain feel deprived when you quit smoking from what they were tricked into believing was a nutrient.
- Niacin can help you get past the craving for the nicotine.
- Vitamin A & Carotenoid Rich Fruits & Vegetables (such as , beet, red pepper, orange, mango, cantaloupe, peach, nectarine and tomato) (26)
- , Garlic, and Onions (27) (28) (29) (30)
- Drink plenty of fluid, herbal teas and soups. (31)
- Avoid Dairy, Sugar, Refined Flour, Processed Foods (32) (33) (34) (35)
- &/or Radishes (36) (37)
- Thyme, Rosemary, and (38) (39)
- Apply warm heat packs to your chest (40)
- Use essential oils, burn or place a few drops on a tissue to inhale such as eucalyptus, tea tree, peppermint, thyme, citrus oils and/or lavender.
- Ginger is a gentle circulatory stimulant and its warming nature is perfect for alleviating respiratory congestion and reducing inflammation. (41)
- Garlic & onions have mild anti-inflammatory actions and are shown to be anti-microbial. They can help fight infection, reduce congestion, inflammation and allergies. (42)
- Horseradish/Radishes are helpful for respiratory congestion (43)
- Thyme, Rosemary, & Oregano are natural anti-microbial herbs (44)
- Heat packs alleviate pain, inflammation and congestion (45)
- A diet high in plant foods such as the cruciferous family, apples, grapefruit, berries, pomegranate, garlic, onions offer significant protection against the development of lung cancer.
- ( ); prevent lung & esophageal cancer (46)
- ; prevent lung & esophageal cancer, reduce risk of breast & cervical cancer, neutralizes , cancer-fighting (47)
- (turnip green); prevent cellular degeneration (48)
- ; inhibit cell proliferation, detoxify toxins, suppress cancer cells (49)
- Cabbage; protection from breast cancer (50)
- Carrots; cut lung cancer in half (51)
- ; anti-cancer, disarm carcinogenic (52)
- Added all except Broccoli Rabe to my diet. No results yet but then how do I tell anyway? suspect it’s just a good low-risk thing to do for my general health
- Broccoli, Cauliflower & other cruciferous vegetables helps clear Damaged Lungs (53) (54)
- Broccoli may help the immune system to clean harmful bacteria from the lungs. (55) (56)
- To ensure that the lungs function correctly, white blood cells called macrophages remove debris and bacteria that can build up in the lungs and cause infection. This cleaning system is defective in smokers and people with COPD. (57) (58)
- Researchers have figured out that a chemical pathway in the lungs called NRF2, involved in macrophage activation, is wiped out by smoking. They also found that , a plant chemical that is made by broccoli, cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables when damaged, such as when chewed, can restore this pathway. (59) (60)
- In the presence of sulphoraphane, the NRF2 pathway was boosted and the macrophages’ ability to recognise and engulf bacteria was restored. Sulphoraphane is present in broccoli in its precursor form and is converted to the active compound by enzymes present in saliva and intestinal bacteria. (61) (62)
- Red meat
- All Dairy Products especially milk, cheese, , and any foods containing butterfat
- Liver, Brain, Chicken Skin
- Egg Yolks
Avoid Mucus-Forming White Flour & Gluten: (64)
- White flour products
- White bread
- Many cereals
Avoid Salt: (65)
- Avoid Excess sodium (salt)
- Red meat & dairy products are known mucus-forming foods. By eliminating them from your diet, you will reduce mucus production. The most dramatic result of eliminating these animal foods from your diet is the anti-inflammatory effect you will see.
- If you stop eating these mucus-forming animal foods, you will have effectively eliminated sources of arachidonic acid from your diet. As a result, you will decrease the inflammatory response occurring in your bronchial walls
- White flour contains alloxan, which studies have shown destroys the beta cells of the pancreas, & is also toxic to the liver & kidneys. Read food labels carefully. Many processed foods contain gluten in additives or fillers.
- Excess sodium (salt) in the bloodstream not only can raise blood pressure, it also reduces the amount of water in the tissues of the bronchi & bronchioles, causing the mucus in the respiratory tract to become thicker & more viscous. Excessive salt also promotes elevation of histamine levels, which further provokes the inflammatory process.
Limit Nitrite & Nitrate exposure (especially Cured Meats & Preserved Foods)
(67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72)
High Nitrite & Nitrate Food Sources:
- Hot Dogs
- Drinking Water (73)
- Corned silverside
- Beer (74)
- Processed Meat (75)
- Processed Fish (76)
- Vegetables*: Potato, Carrots, , Lettuce, Beets (77) (78)
- & avoid Toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth (potassium nitrate) (79)
A safe daily limit, known as the Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI), has been set for the amount of nitrite we eat.
- The acceptable daily limit of nitrate is up to 3.7 mg per kg of body weight per day, or 260 mg per day for a 70 kg person. (80)
- ‘Dietary Vitamin C’ can possibly inhibit the nitrosamine formation (81) (82)
- Ascorbic acid (Vit C), erythorbic acid, and a-tocopherol (Vit E) inhibit nitrosamine formation due to their oxidation-reduction properties. (83)
- * Most vegetables which are enriched in nitrate are also rich in antioxidants such as vitamins C & E that can act to prevent the unwanted nitrosation chemistry. (84)
- * Vegetables are the major source of total exposure to nitrates and nitrites. Since vegetables are good for health it is important to maintain these in our diet. Vegetables grown in heated glasshouses have higher nitrate contents than those grown outdoors, and hydroponically grown leafy vegetables have higher nitrate levels than conventionally grown. We are exposed to nitrite and nitrate when we eat vegetables and processed meats. (85)
Nutshell version from Penny: Avoid processed meats & food, filter your drinking water, and eat plenty of fresh fruit & vegetables that are high in vitamin c & vitamin e, limiting the high nitrate vegetables to small daily amounts.
Important note:cigarettes contribute to your daily exposure as well as air pollution, toxic chemicals, dust, potentially your workplace, fertilizers in our food sources, heating, & so much more (honestly far too varied & broad to list all on this one page). I’m going to have to create a new article just on nitrites & nitrates to cover everything. But basically.. we especially need to have a high intake of “dietary” vitamin C and to limit our exposure to nitrite & nitrate as much as we can.
- Nitrosamines mediate their mutagenic effects by causing DNA damage, oxidative stress, lipid peroxidation, and pro-inflammatory cytokine activation, which lead to increased cellular degeneration and death. (86)
- All humans are chronically exposed to nitrogen oxides, including nitric oxide. Exposure is primarily dependent on where people live and the industry in which they work. Everybody is exposed to small amounts of nitrogen oxides in ambient air. Exposure to high levels of nitrogen oxides, particularly nitrogen dioxide, can damage the respiratory airways. It has been estimated that exposure to nitrogen dioxide levels of 560-940 mg/m3 (300-500 ppm) may result in fatal pulmonary edema or asphyxia and that levels of 47-140 mg/m3 (25-75 ppm) can cause bronchitis or pneumonia. (87)
- Toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth is formulated with up to 5% (5,000 ppm) potassium nitrate, which is higher than the concentration found in vegetables. Since toothpaste is not commonly swallowed, the net contribution to nitrate and nitrite exposure cannot be accurately estimated. But, nitrate and nitrite as water soluble ions are likely to be extracted from the toothpaste and mixed with saliva. The total exposure could therefore be equivalent to or greater than that contributed by water or cured processed meats. (88)
- Nitrate itself is generally considered to be harmless at low concentrations. Nitrite, on the other hand, is reactive especially in the acid environment of the stomach where it can nitrosate other molecules including proteins, amines, and amides. Nitrite is occasionally found in the environment but most human exposure occurs through ingested nitrate that can be chemically reduced to nitrite by commensal bacteria often found in saliva. (89)
- In the presence of acid (such as in the stomach) or high temperature (such as via frying), nitrosamines are converted to diazonium ions. Certain nitrosamines such as dimethylnitrosamine and N-nitrosopyrrolidine form carbocations that react with biological nucleophiles (such as DNA or an enzyme) in the cell. If this reaction occurs at a crucial site in a biomolecule, it can disrupt normal cell function leading to cancer or cell death. (90)
- Processed meats, dairy products, and poultry products provide only minor contributions to the human exposure. (91)
- Nitrogen oxide exposure may also occur from administered pharmaceuticals which have not been considered in this analysis. (92)
- When meat containing nitrites is heated (particularly at high temperatures) and mixed with amines, a compound naturally present in meat, the result is nitrosamines. Nitrosamines is also a component in cigarettes. The smoke carries significant doses of carcinogenic tobacco specific nitrosamines (TSNAs), which have been implicated as causes of oral, lung, oesophageal, & pancreatic cancer. (93)
- The nitrites used as a preservative in the meats might be a potential culprit. Nitrites can produce molecules shown to harm the lungs of lab animals; there’s a biological mechanism by which nitrites can damage the lungs. (94)
- It’s also possible that the high levels of salt in cured meats might contribute to problems with COPD. (95)
- COPD patients who want to make significant improvements should have a diet consisting of at least 50% raw, organic food.
- Raw foods meaning plant-foods in their natural, uncooked state.
- If you have severe inflammation associated with chronic bronchitis, increase raw foods to 75%
- Juicing is another way to deliver high-quality, concentrated nutrients to your body that are usually assimilated within 30 minutes.
- Switching to a predominantly raw food diet has helped many seriously ill people improve their health.
- It will help your body detoxify itself and build immunity, significantly reduce inflammation, and decrease mucus formation, allowing you to breathe easier, regain energy & strength, and foster a new level of vitality & mental acuity.
- Raw foods also contain enzymes that help your body more efficiently digest food.
- Juicing is particularly beneficial for people with COPD. It is an excellent means to reduce inflammation & mucus, detoxify the body, and build immunity in order to increase vitality & resistance to infection.
- Parasite removal. (98) (kill all parasites, bacteria, viruses and fungi) (99)
- Removing pollutants. (remove the toxic molds, metals and chemicals in our foods and body products.) (100)
- Clearing gallstones and kidney stones. (clear away and wash away the stones, secretions and debris already formed, that hinder healing.) (101)
- Aid healing (use herbs and special food factors to hasten healing, being very careful to use pure products.). (102)
- Parasites overtake the energy-making centres of our cells using the oxygen we need to maintain good health and to reproduce them & cause allergies.
- Allergies obstruct our airways and deprive cells of oxygen.
- Parasites produce free radicals that attack cell membranes and the mitochondrial furnaces of the cells, making it more difficult for oxygen to get into the cells where it can fuel the energy process. (103)
- All illness comes from two causes, PARASITES and POLLUTANTS. (104)
(More from Hulda Clark – extract from The Cure for All Diseases)
Killing parasites, removing pollutants and clearing gallstones and kidney stones from your body is a powerful combination of treatments. It is so powerful you can change yourself into a new person in half a year. And then go on improving for years more.
We have only two problems: parasites and pollutants.
Parasites are things that live on us, using up our food and giving us their wastes. Pollutants are toxic things in us making it difficult for our organs to do their work.
These two things are responsible for all our other problems.
- Our bodies have been trying to rid us of these by making stones, making secretions, giving us swellings, inflammations and benign tumors. We develop deficiencies and disabilities.
- Finally, some permanent damage is done. Our hair turns gray, we develop cataracts, the spine bends, nerves and muscles die. We weaken.
Our strategy to undo all this will be a logical one:
- First, we will kill all parasites, bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Second, we will remove the toxic molds, metals and chemicals in our foods and body products.
- Third, we will clear away and wash away the stones, secretions and debris already formed, that hinder healing.
- Fourth, we will use herbs and special food factors to hasten healing, being very careful to use pure products. (These act more quickly when given intravenously but the emphasis in this book will be on oral consumption.)
- Finally, for repairs that are beyond our abilities, we will seek help from health and medical professionals. (105)
- Candida removal. (106)
- Immune System Strengthening (107)
- Intestinal tract Repopulating with friendly Gut-Flora (using things like high potency ) (108)
- Candida will steal your breath, your energy, and your life. (109)
- The immune system must be strengthened, and activated to further deplete Candida or fungal overgrowth. (110)
- The health of the intestinal tract must be rebuilt. This may be accomplished through reseeding the colon with friendly flora, and by normalizing the pH of the gastrointestinal tract. (111)
- (or ) 3 times a day (1/2 teaspoon in warm water) (112)
- Strength & energy improvement after 3 days (113)
- Marked improvement in breathing (114)
- Breathlessness goes very fast. Try and get half a teaspoon down a day and then when feeling better drop it to about a third. (115)
Herbs in the book ‘Natural Therapies for Emphysema and COPD: Relief and Healing for Chronic Pulmonary Disorders’ by Robert J. Green Jr. (116)
- : Calms mind, relaxes body, controls cravings for nicotine (and makes cigarettes taste very bad).
- St. John’s wort: Promotes positive mental attitude. Can have potentially dangerous interactions with some prescription drugs (especially antidepressants, anticoagulants, oral contraceptives, antiseizure medications, drugs to treat HIV or prevent transplant rejection, and more)
- Black cohosh: Safe sedatitve that relieves nervousness & anxiety.
- Blue vervain: Natural tranquilizer used to calm the nerves. Can be used for insomnia.
- : Soothing effect on digestive system. Helps relieve diarrhea, flatulence, indigestion, upset stomach, headache. Has antispasmodic properties that make it useful for abdominal crapms & chronic coughing. Good for alleviating sleeplessness. Benefial for treating colds & bronchial infections (has antibotic & astringent properties)
- : Clearing mucus congestion in the lungs. Alleviate anxiety.
- : Helps brain produce more endorphins (naturally occurring chemicals that promote feelings of well-being). Relaxes nervous tension. Renews/revives central nervous system. Aids sleep, improves circulation, strengthens heart, relieves muscle cramps, pain, spasms, & stress. Useful in treating anxiety, fatigue, cardiovascular disease, headache, hyperactivity, nervousness, & potentially drug addiction.
- Slippery Elm: Rich in nutrients. Works with body to draw out impurities & toxins. Soothes the irritated tissues of the intestines, colon, and stomach ulcers.
Other Notes / Warnings / Contradictions:
- Lobelia: May cause nausea & vomiting in increased dosages
- St. John’s wort: Can have potentially dangerous interactions with some prescription drugs (especially antidepressants, anticoagulants, oral contraceptives, antiseizure medications, drugs to treat HIV or prevent transplant rejection, and more)
- Black cohosh: Excessive consumption can irritate the nervous system & can cause nausea. Avoid if you have any heart conditions (large dosese can cause low blood pressure).
- Blue vervain: No known warnings.
- Catnip: No known warnings.
- Hyssop: Not recommended if you have epilepsy or high blood pressure.
- Skullcap: Not recommended if you are nursing.
- Slippery Elm: No known warnings.
- 2 cloves of raw garlic a day (117)
- Cough up the nasty stuff in lungs (118)
- The Garlic floats the dead tissue out of the lungs, but be prepared to cough up some nasty looking mucous in the first week. The garlic can be crushed and left for ten minutes, before ingesting. (119)
- Eating fresh ( ) (120)
- Coughed up thick / cleared lung congestion within 10 minutes of eating (121)
- Nasal Spray, two squirts inhaled into each nostril (122)
- Olive Leaf Extract (123)
- Headache (caused by sinusitis fungal infection) of emphysema sufferer relieved after 10 minutes (124)
- Anti-pathogenic supplement. (125)
Jack’s Healing Formula (126)
- Put the seed pods (tops) of 6 “great ” plant into a gallon of water, bring to a boil, add 3 tbls of powered “lobelia”, 3 tbls “hyssop”, 1 oz of white apple cider vinegar, 2 tbls of red pepper.
- Keep boiling until about a pint of water has boiled off, (it will turn dark or reddish like coffee).
- Let cool until you can strain (i used a nylon stocking).
- Sweeten with sugar or honey to taste this will keep in fridge for a week or more
- Take 3 bottle caps a day or more
- You can also use a heating pad on chest and do a number of “vigorous exhales” for about 15 minutes after taking
- Do not throw away the roughage that you strain off the tea – it can be re-boiled 2-3 times more (to last 3-4 months)
- Can’t find his original post yet, but it seems he “cured” someone of emphysema 12 years ago with above recipe (127)
- For getting up mucus and cleaning the lungs – formula cannot be beat. Can walk without getting out-of-breath, and jog. Can still feel shortness-of-breath on days with high humidity. (128)
- 3 or 4 months later he put his oxygen bottle aside. (129)
- Opens the lungs right up. Completely cleared up in one day. (130)
- Either take 40 drops of tincture in a glass of water 2x/day
- or simmer a handful of leaves in a quart of water for 15 minutes, allow to cool with leaves in the water, then STRAIN THROUGH CHEESECLOTH (else the little fuzzy stuff irritate your cough center), and drink the entire thing once a day.
- Pick leaves in the fall, just before frost. Look for plants in areas away from main roads. Do not use the flowers. Dry on a towel; store in a dark cupboard.
- Leaves are more potent than the tincture.
- Do not pick leaves from mullein with deformed stalks. Deformed stalks indicates the mullein has been exposed to contaminants.
- Only harvest from the straight stalks, crooked stalks indicate a high level of chemical contamination of the soil. (132)
- Used mullein extensively and successfully for upper respiratory conditions such as colds and asthma, ear infections, and joint pain (it has anti-inflammatory properties as well as antibiotic and antihistamine properties) (133)
- Chew on a licorice stick (from the root of a licorice plant) to curb nicotine cravings & calm the nerves. (134)
- A general medicinal dose is 1-2 cups of licorice tea a day. 1/2 to 1 teasp. of or powder is infused to 1 cup of boiling water. Tincture: 1/2 to 1 teasp. twice a day. For therapeutic use, it is recommended that licorice be taken before meals. (135)
- A formula made by combining liquid extracts of oat seed (50%), licorice root (25%), and lobelia (25%) is reported to be particularly useful in overcoming tobacco addiction. Licorice root is included to help with cleaning the lungs & promoting adrenal gland function. (136)
- Licorice can help to calm the nerves. Several years ago, I had a man call and asked if I had anything that would help him give up smoking, as he had quit smoking that morning and was having severe withdrawal symptoms. As we had just dug some licorice and had it drying, I offered him a stick that we had cut into 8cm lengths (similar length and size as a cigarette) and suggested he hold it in his mouth like a cigarette and suck the end. Within a couple of minutes of giving him the stick to smoke, his nerves had calmed down, and he said he no longer had the desire for a cigarette. For the next 10 minutes, he kept sucking on the stick, and looking at it, wondering why it did not have smoke coming from it! He was able to kick the habit of smoking. I have shared this incident with other people, who have done likewise and given up smoking. A licorice stick can be used over and over, many times, whenever the quitter has the urge to light a cigarette. (137)
- Research shows its usefulness as an expectorant and a cough suppressant, with action resembling codeine. (138)
- Licorice has been given many remedial applications: coughs, colds, wheezing, lung complaints, hoarseness, mucus congestion, tonsillitis, abdominal pain, nausea, poor appetite, fatigue, food poisoning, fevers, fluid retention, edema, burning urine and kidney, bladder ailments, gall stones, allergies, cancers and melanomas, conjunctivitis, earache, toothache, age spots, senility, hyperglycemia, menstrual discomforts, vaginal thrush, endometriosis, infertility, candida, ankylosing spondylitis, muscular dystrophy, skin allergies, hemorrhoids, mouth ulcers, nervous tension, insomnia and anxiety, depression, hysteria, indigestion and gastritis, diabetes, drug withdrawal, malaria, inflammations, cramps, Addison’s and Parkinson’s diseases, epilepsy, poor circulation, to lower cholesterol, headaches, earache, herpes, wounds, burns, cold sores, psoriasis, carbuncles, syphilis, abscesses, shingles, and to fight staphylococci. (139)
Chinese Medicine / Herbs:
Herbs that are acrid with warming properties relieve Cold phlegm. This group of expectorants includes: (140)
- brassica ( )
- Cold phlegm is marked by the expectoration of watery and thin phlegm, profuse phlegm from the lungs or a cough accompanied with nausea and vomiting when an excessive amount of phlegm accumulates in the stomach. (Dong et al., 1998) (141)
Herbs that are acrid with cooling properties are commonly used to relieve Heat phlegm. This group of expectorants includes: (142)
- polygala root
Chinese Medicine explanation:
- Heat phlegm is marked by the expectoration of yellow, thick phlegm, with or without the symptoms of fever, and a yellow, coated tongue (Dong et al., 1998) (143)
Herbs that control or relieve asthma (antiasthmatics) include: (144)
- ginkgo biloba seed
- perilla leaf
- bitter apricot kernel
- lepidium seed
- lemon grass (Herba cymbopogon distans)
- datura flower (flos daturae yangjinhua).
- Herbs that suppress coughing and wheezing are called antitussives, those that discharge phlegm are called expectorants, and those that relieve asthma are called antiasthmatics.In Traditional Chinese Medicine ( ), these herbs are generally grouped together and are known collectively as herbs that alleviate phlegm, coughs, and asthma (Zhang, 1988) (145)
Suppress coughing and wheezing, and lessen excessive phlegm with these Chinese Herbs: (146)
- fritillaria bulb
- loquat leaf
- stemona root
- lily bulb
Chinese Medicine explanation:
- Coughing can be caused by an attack of external (Wind-Cold) pathogens on the lungs or it can be the result of a functional imbalance of the internal organs. (147)
- Drink a minimum of one quart water per day. (148)
- Water – is used to hydrate cells and flush waste. Only water counts as water, not juice, coffee, etc. (149)
- Water is critical to the detoxification process. It is an essential ingredient needed by your liver for its role in the detoxification process & is also needed to flush out your system. (150)
- Water acts as a solvent for the myriad chemicals that need to be processed & eliminated, and is the major constituent of the transport medium through which many toxins are eliminated from the body. (151)
- or NAC to break the di-sulfide bonds and liquefy the mucus to easily cough it up (152)
- N-acetyl-L-cysteine, or NAC 500-600 mg (153)
- Significant Improvement to eliminating excess mucus (154) (155)
- Antioxidants such as N-acetylcysteine and Nacystelyn, have been shown experiments to block the release of inflammatory mediators from epithelial cells. (156)
- Antioxidants N-acetylcysteine has been shown in recent studies to reduce exacerbation’s of COPD. However, its effectiveness has yet to be proven. (157)
- L-Buteyko breathing method. (158) in combination with
- L-Arginine makes Nitric Oxide – if your body is low in this, you have low energy.
- More energy and better breathing. (159)
- Inhaling Apple Cider Vinegar & removing Mold in house (160)
- One day he was applying Desenex (for foot fungus) to his feet and his emphysema immediately got better. He then inhaled the residue of the powder when stirred up. His emphysema disappeared and hasn’t come back. Found out that his emphysema was a result of mold, a fungal infection in the lungs. Instead of inhaling Desenex, with all the chemicals attached to it, inhale Apple Cider Vinegar (also treats foot fungus). (161)
Recipe for bacterial infections/flu for clearing mucus from lungs: (162)
- Mix 3/4 cup mothers apple cider vinegar, 3/4 cup honey, 2 , 3 , 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, 2 , 1 gallon of water.
- Take 1 or 2 shot glass a day.
- You can add 1/4 cup ginger, 1/4 cup horseradish if you like.
- Good for the lungs. I was able to go hunting for 2 day first time in 6 years no oxygen. I also take . (163)
- 6 teaspoons of in 3 litres (5 pints) of water, drank throughout the day. (164)
- MSM must be taken with Vitamin C
- In Australia & New Zealand, MSM has Vit C already added
- Used with Nebulised baking soda & Chloride
- From not being able to walk to the toilet, to being able to walk everywhere with noticeable improvement after 3 days (165)
- Omega-3 fatty acids DHA (Docosahexanoic acid) and EPA (Eicosapentanoic acid) (166)
- 1000 mg capsule at each meal. (167)
- Reduced inflammation. (168)
- High Quality Omega-3 Fatty Acids Triglycerides (not fish oils that are in the synthetic ethyl ester form) and not Flaxseed (169)
- Krill oil may become the preferred source of omega-3 fatty acids in the future. (170)
- Probiotics (with proteolytic enzyme supplement) away from meals (171)
- Probiotics are instrumental in the production of red and white blood cells and are your body’s first line of defense against invading pathogens. (172) (173)
- After years of being prescribed anti-biotics, probiotics was introduced as a way of healing the compromised immune system. (174)
- Beta glucan (175)
- To amplify the immune response and help the immune system kill and eliminate the pathogen. (176)
- (177) (178)
- Natural anti-pathogenic (179)
- Alfalfa Tablets – Two x 650 mg tablets with each meal (180)
- Alfalfa contains vitamins A, B1, B6, B12, C, D, E, K, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, folate, saponins, , phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, iron, , and copper. (181)
- Fighting disease, reducing inflammation and providing support for metabolism and muscle contractions. (182)
- Alfalfa helps in building and revitalizing the body. (183)
- Help alleviate various acute and chronic inflammatory symptoms associated with degeneration and aging. (184)
- Caprylic Acid (185)
- Saturated fatty acid which is present in butter, palm oil and coconut oil. (186)
- Excellent natural anti-pathogenic found in coconuts. (187)
- Natural anti-pathogenic (188)
- Treating bacterial infections. ( (189)
- Dissolving gallstones. (190)
Emphysema: “You are not doing things your way. Doing what others say is right for you because you are not devoted to yourself and doing for yourself first. Not able to be yourself.” (191)
Lungs: Make sure you are doing things your way. (192)
Lung Cancer: Self destruction. Not being devoted to yourself enough to resist others telling you how to do things. Giving in and doing things their way. (193)
Lung Disease: Failing to Fully Take in Life due to Feelings of Unworthiness (see also: Spirituality) (194)
Gratitude: Man healed himself of double pneumonia within 24 hours by dwelling upon one sentence of gratitude every hour: “Thank you God for all the blessings I have and for all the blessings I am receiving.” (source: unknown)
Problems with the lungs represent depression, grief, and fear of taking in life, not feeling worthy of living life fully. (195) p106
The fifth chakra closes down because people are afraid to stand up and speak up for themselves. They are afraid to speak their own truth. They do not trust the world with what they have to say and they do not trust themselves to go ahead and say it. Sacrificing one’s own true expression results in loss of identify and loss of self while trying to please others. All this results in loss of trust in self and life. (196) p123
LUNG DISEASE… (197)
Failing to Fully Take in Life due to Feelings of Unworthiness
Every moment we make a choice of how much life we take in by every breath we take. Air contains the only vital life force that we need constantly (ten minutes without air and most people die). Significantly our breath is also the only physical function that we have complete and conscious control over. That happens because by choosing the quality of our breath we are given the opportunity to choose the quality of our life. When we breathe deeply, we nourish our body profoundly. When we fail to do so, we slowly starve ourselves.
Breathing disorders, like eating disorders, are a reflection of an individual’s beliefs about their worthiness to receive the nourishment that gives life. Those who cannot breathe deeply cannot live fully. Those who cannot live fully usually come from a place of mistakenly believing they are not worthy. The truth is everyone is a child of God and it is that and that alone that makes everyone worthy of life.
- Hydrogen Peroxide (15 drops of 35% in 6 oz of apple cider and drink). (198)
- Hydrogen Peroxide (5-6 drops of 29% in morning). (199)
- Hydrogen Peroxide (spray – dosage?) (200)
- “A friend of mine wrote an ebook on how his father-in-law beat COPD & emphysema in six weeks with h202 (hydrogen peroxide). This was over 20 years ago and he is still alive also he continued to smoke. This is who I learned of H202 from. I put 15 drops of 35% in 6 oz of apple cider and drink. I first did the drop treatment for six weeks but only once a day. I don’t do it daily even and Wow-I don’t have to take the pills anymore. The achiness and early arthritic soreness in my body that I’ve felt for a number of years is Gone. No more muscle spasms either. Hallelujah” (201)
- “I am drinking 5-6 drops of 29% in the morning only. Difficult to adjust time in afternoon and night. Feel more strength, more stamina. Better Lung function. Nails blister, I am 40 but looks like 30. Face is whiter (previously dark brown/yellow). So far so good. Just the taste a little bit awful when taking in high dosage. I guess I’m going to stick with 6 drops for awhile.” – Fred (202)
- “just did my first spray this morning. almost instantly felt my breathing more and a little energized” – Cody (203)
- Hydrogen Peroxide notes from Ken (204)
We’re not going to use 35% hydrogen peroxide, we’re ONLY going to use 3.5% hydrogen peroxide (that’s three point five percent). You should read the articles on my site from Bill Munro. He used 3% hydrogen peroxide in a small nasal sprayer and inhaled the mist and cleared himself of lung cancer when he was in his late 70’s He’s about 89 today and still going strong without a hint of cancer. Personally, I would not use any drug in the sprayer. I would only use 3% hydrogen peroxide or a 50/50 mix of 3% hydrogen peroxide and or just distilled water until I gradually built up the number of inhale sessions and then gradually I would switch over to full 3% hydrogen peroxide. You can use the same nasal sprayer for spraying 3% peroxide into each nostril. I would do only one spray per nostril until I got used to it. You can also spray peroxide into each ear 3 or 4 times.Here’s a few more simple ideas to absorb some hydrogen peroxide into your body. (205)
- After showering , towel off lightly, and then spray a mist of 3% hydrogen peroxide all over your body (but not your hair which will turn blond) I use a pump handle sprayer (like you see on Windex) in a 16 oz bottle that they sell hydrogen peroxide in at the drugstore.
- Buy a few gallons of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide from Guardian of Eden in Texas and put 2-3 cups in a warm bath of water (about half filled) and soak for 20-30 minutes. Scoot down into the water so it covers your chest. (to make 3.5% peroxide, you take 9 parts of distilled water and add to one part of 35% food grade peroxide)
- Get a room nebulizer such as the ultrasonic types which produces an instant mist, yet uses no heat. Put either 50/50 3% peroxide and distilled water or fill it up with 3% peroxide and breathe that mist while sleeping. Start slow and easy. Place the mister in a outside hallway and keep the door open. You need to get used to this GRADUALLY. Over time, bring the vaporizer into the room where you sleep. If you cough too much, then cut down the mixture to 50/50 peroxide and distilled water. The idea is to be able to sleep comfortably but still breathe a steady, tiny TRICKLE of fine misted peroixde into your lungs. You’ll cough a lot in the beginning and bring up a lot of junk, so you need to start very gradually and build up to 3% concentration.
- If you got an ozone machine, you could make and drink ozonated water daily. Also take a teaspoon of ozonated olive oil daily, and breathe the mist from ozone that is first bubbled through olive oil.
- I would get Hulda Clark’s books and also the book on hydrogen peroxide by Dr William Douglass. If you can find someone in your area who administers hydrogen peroxide intravenously, you will speed up your recovery process.
- Taking MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane) might be a good idea as it has a reputation for re-building cells walls back to their original elasticity. You can get that at a health food store.
- No response from the initial asker, but based on this, I’ve started adding hydrogen peroxide 3% to my own essential oil diffuser
Brett Wilsey, 70, was congested most of the time, had chronic sinus problems, was getting allergy shots for dust and mold, and was on several inhalers for this asthma plus emphysema. He had asthma for 8 years.
He had oxalate, urate, and all three phosphate variety crystals in his kidneys. He was started on kidney herbs. His blood test showed high “total carbon dioxide” or “carbonate” showing that his air exchange was not good. His potassium was low, showing that his adrenals couldn’t keep his electrolytes (sodium, potassium and chloride) regulated, in turn, giving him muscle weakness.
His LDH was very high, showing that his heart muscle) was in distress, too. Fortunately, his RBC was slightly elevated, to help with oxygen delivery.
His eosinophil count was high, as is the rule for asthmatics since they all have Ascaris worms. Besides Ascaris, he had pancreatic and intestinal flukes in his lungs (!) plus Heterakis (a chicken roundworm), human hookworm, and Prosthogonimus, another fluke.
He was started on the parasite herbs. Two weeks later he felt a lot better although he still had some Ascaris. He was toxic with barium and hafnium (which were traced to his dentures) nickel, tin, rhenium. He stopped using commercial “denture-soak.”
His wife stopped using hair spray and they started leaving the car out of the garage and walked around to the front door, instead of using the attached garage. He also started drinking homemade comfrey tea. This made him feel still better.
When he removed his watch he got rid of his nickel source. Nickel has an affinity for lungs (as well as prostate and skin). He was now down to one puff of inhaler instead of two, only four times a day instead of hourly. He could breathe deeper than before. Then the lead in his water was found and traced to a single “sweated” joint in the pipes. He was started on food grade hydrogen peroxide, working up a drop at a time; now his cough became ‘productive’, he was coughing up a lot.
He got the plumbing fixed and did a liver cleanse after which his fatigue lifted. He couldn’t stop laughing and joking about the “emphysema” he was so worried over earlier. p. 139 (206)
After you have found the parasite interlopers hiding in your body you can kill them electronically. And after you have identified the pollutants stuck in your organs you can stop eating them, breathing them or putting them on yourself. In response, your body will begin to heal.
Heal from multiple sclerosis, emphysema, myasthenia? Yes!! Some healing will be swift. Some healing will be slow. P46 (207)
- Liver Cleanse (twice a year) to eliminate allergies and improve overall health (208) (209) (210)
- Dr Hulda Clark maintains that you can’t clean a liver with living parasites in it (so do a Parasite cleanse first) (211)
- Tobacco smoke, prescription drugs, and over-the-counter medicines must all be processed by the liver before they can be eliminated from the body. (212)
- When the liver is dysfunctional it puts stress on all systems. The liver is a primary organ of detoxification.
- The lungs & liver and synergistic. They need each other. You need both to live.
- Cleansing the liver dramatically improves digestion – the basis of your health.
- Many or all of your allergies will disappear with each subsequent liver cleanse. Each liver cleanse “cures” a different set of allergies, suggesting that the liver is compartmentalized – different parts having different duties.
- If the liver is stressed, it may not be able to work properly to detoxify the body. (214)
- Bowel Cleanse (colon cleanse): Remove impacted waste to prevent systemic problems. Accomplished by the use of special enemas that irrigate the colon, maintaining sufficient amounts of fibre in the diet (lentils, black beans, lima beans, peas, artichokes, Brussels sprouts, pears, dried figs, apples, blueberries, bran flakes, oatmeal) or taking fibre supplements such as psyllium. (215)
- Inadequate digestion results in undigested residue lingering in the bowel, which will interfere with the proper absorption of the nutrients you are ingesting to help with your COPD.
- Stop Smoking (216) (217)
- The Framingham study proved that smoking accelerates lung tissue damage by as much as 50%. It also proved that when smoking ceases, the acceleration stops. (218)
- Cigarette smoke induces interleukin-8 release from human bronchial epithelial cells. Bronchial epithelial cells release monocyte chemotactic activity in response to smoke and endotoxin. (219)
- The tar from cigarette smoke contains over 5,000 different organic compounds from which the water-soluble components, such as aldehydes, categchol and hydroquin-one are extracted out into the epithelial lining fluid. (220)
- Cigarette smoke is a major causative factor for many conditions. As a result, individuals who have cigarette smoke-induced COPD frequently also have other smoke-related conditions. (221)
- Several cell types within the lung can be activated to produce inflammatory mediators in response to cigarette smoke. Smoke can activate both alveolar macrophages and airway epithellal cells to release a variety of chemotactle factors and inflammatory mediators. (222)
- Researchers have figured out that a chemical pathway in the lungs called NRF2, involved in macrophage activation, is wiped out by smoking. (223) (224)
If your breathing muscles are weakened or paralyzed, how deeply you breathe and your ability to cough or blow are affected.
- Fill your Whole Lungs (225)
- Your whole lung can be used to process oxygen. A shallow breath fills up only part of the lungs – typically, the upper part. Deeper breaths, which inflate both lungs entirely, give your body more oxygen per breath. Deep breaths use every part of your lungs to pull oxygen out of the air. (226)
- Remove lung secretions / congestion. Moving the air through all parts of your lungs with deep breathing reduces the collection of natural secretions in your lungs. Also, frequently moving your body around helps break up and move around the fluid in the lungs. (227)
- Your lungs produce secretions. This is normal and natural. But, secretions can become a problem when they build up and pool in the lungs. This is called congestion and makes getting enough oxygen hard. If these secretions stay in one place for too long they can act as glue, causing the sides of your airways to stick together and not inflate properly. This is called atelectasis. They can also collapse part of the lung. (228)
- Improve posture (229)
- Poor posture can squeeze the lungs, making it harder to expand them and get air. (230)
- Percussion / Assisted Cupping: (231) (232)
- Lie on your side, with the side that you think is “gunky” facing up. (233)
- Have a helper cup his or her hands and essentially pretend he or she is playing the bongo drums on your rib cage. The “cupping” is important. It’s what creates the effect that breaks and shakes the secretions loose. The sound should be hollow, almost like a “galloping.” If your helper’s hands are too flat, you’ll hear a slapping noise; it will hurt, and you’ll end up red and sore. (234)
- Loosens gunk in the lungs. (235)
- Postural drainage (236) (237)
- Lie on your side with the gunky side up, and if possible, prop the foot of your bed or sofa up so your head is lower than your feet. If you lay this way for 15 or 20 minutes, you’ll probably feel things start to move. (238)
- Postural drainage uses gravity to drain those secretions from the bottoms of your lungs up higher so you can cough them up and out. (239)
- The lymph doesn’t move much unless you do, the legs, arms & chest expansion and contraction are the pump. (240)
- Exercise (241)
- coming soon
- Strengthening muscles. Weight Training to make your breathing muscles stronger. (242)
- As various breathing muscles contract, they allow your lungs to expand. In normal breathing, inhaling is work, requiring muscle strength. (243)
Mold/Mould Fungus Cleanup:
- Immediately eradicate mold or fungus that is growing in the house
- If you have mold or fungus growing in the house, it must be eradicated immediately. This can be done effectively with a cleaning product containing d-limonene. D-limonene comes from orange peel and other citrus and is wonderful for eradicating mold and fungus. These cleaners can usually be purchased at regular stores or online.
- Cleaners with chlorine and other noxious chemicals will irritate the lungs of an emphysema patient so it is essential to keep things clean with cleaners that they will not be sensitive to. The cleaners with d-limonene leave an orange clean smell that is pleasant and generally not irritating to the emphysema patient.
- Avoid synthetic material that trap moisture on the skin. (244)
- Many synthetics trap moisture on the skin: cotton and silk are recommended. (245)
Research in Progress:
- A vitamin found in eggs and milk (retinoic acid, a derivative of vitamin A) can reverse damage caused to the lungs by the previously incurable disease. (246) (247)
- The retinoic acid compound worked on tissue cells in the lungs, causing them to regenerate. (248)
- The research was based on a chemical compound of retinoic acid taken from Vitamin A, and not from a dietary intake of the substance. (249)
- Only tested on mice, yet to be trialled on humans (250) (251)
- Tests on mice have found that damaged lungs have been repaired to normal by the compound. (252)
- Study proposing a tissue engineering approach for lung regeneration. (253)
- Tissue engineering is the creation of living, physiological three-dimensional tissues or organs utilizing specific combinations of cells, scaffolds, and cell signals.
- It was a 6 Month Study done on Fetal rat lung cells (They basically dissected the rats, took out their fetuses, removed the lungs, washed them, minced them, then inoculated them onto Gelfoam sponges, which they then injected into other rats.)
- Most studies have focused on the use of stem cells for tissue regeneration. This study focuses on an alternative by the development of bioengineered implants (where the recipient provides the cells that will be used to repair his or her own damaged tissues in a type of “auto-graft.”)
- With optimized cell culture conditions, the number of these cells could be amplified in vitro before the application . While some of the alveolar-like structures formed within the sponges are similar to alveolar units, the overall morphology of this “lung tissue” is still not perfected.
- Only tested on mice, yet to be trialled on humans, after first probably being trialled on dogs, pigs and rabbits (254)
Other Journal Articles to Review:
- American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Volume 185, Issue 12 (JUNE 15, 2012)
Next-Generation Regeneration – The Hope and Hype of Lung Stem Cell Research
- Cell Press, Volume 147, Issue 3, 28 October 2011
Endothelial-Derived Angiocrine Signals Induce and Sustain Regenerative Lung Alveolarization
- The Journal of Clinical Investigation – American Society for Clinical Investigation,
The three R’s of lung health and disease: repair, remodeling, and regeneration
- Science 30 July 2010: Vol. 329, June 2010
Tissue-Engineered Lungs for in Vivo Implantation
- Development – For advances in developmental biology and stem cells –
Lung development: orchestrating the generation and regeneration of a complex organ
And more (2014)
- Wiley Online Library – Stem Cells – Volume 32, Issue 1, January 2014
Concise Review: Current Status of Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine in Lung Biology and Diseases
- The Scientific World Journal Volume 2014 (2014)
Hematopoietic and Mesenchymal Stem Cells for the Treatment of Chronic Respiratory Diseases: Role of Plasticity and Heterogeneity
- Biomaterials, Volume 35, Issue 10, March 2014
Comparative decellularization and recellularization of normal versus emphysematous human lungs
- Landes Bioscience, Jan 2014
Future prospects for tissue engineered lung transplantation: Decellularization and recellularization-based whole lung regeneration
Join the Conversation COPD Facebook Group (280)
Read my list of Saved Conversations from the COPD Group (281)
References [ + ]
|1, 7, 11, 22, 152, 154.||↩||Emphysema Cure – A Logical Approach blog|
|2, 5, 8, 13, 14, 15, 18, 23, 33, 39, 125, 153, 155, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 174, 175, 176, 177, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 256.||↩||How I reversed my Mom’s Emphysema – WG Miller book|
|3, 9, 16, 19, 26, 27, 31, 32, 36, 38, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 260.||↩||Juicing for Lung Health – Claire Georgiou, Reboot Naturopath, B.HSc ND|
|4, 6.||↩||The New Menu That Began My Mother’s Recovery from COPD & Emphysema – WG Miller free eBook|
|10, 20, 30, 34, 98, 103, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 148, 149, 173, 178, 208, 213, 216, 218, 240, 244, 245, 266.||↩||Building Healthy Lungs Naturally By Mike White|
|12, 123.||↩||How I reversed my Mom’s Emphysema – WG Miller book|
|17.||↩||Natural Therapies for Emphysema and COPD: Relief and Healing forPulmonary Disorders – Robert J. Green Jr.|
|21, 35, 63, 64, 65, 66, 96, 97, 116, 136, 150, 151, 209, 212, 214, 215, 270.||↩||Natural Therapies for Emphysema and COPD: Relief and Healing for Chronic Pulmonary Disorders – Robert J. Green Jr.|
|24.||↩||http://www.earthclinic.com/ – Emphysema Remedies forum|
|25, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 158, 159, 164, 165.||↩||http://www.earthclinic.com/ – Emphysema Remedies forum #2|
|28, 112, 113, 114, 117, 118, 120, 121.||↩||http://www.earthclinic.com/ – Emphysema Remedies forum|
|29.||↩||http://www.earthclinic.com/ – Emphysema Remedies forum|
|37, 115, 119, 131, 132, 133, 162, 163.||↩||http://www.earthclinic.com/ – Emphysema Remedies forum #3|
|46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 264.||↩||Various sites – lost references when laptop died – search was related to nutrition|
|53, 55, 57, 59, 61, 224, 272.||↩||Journal reference: Science Translational Medicine, DOI: 10.1126/scitranslmed.3002042|
|54, 56, 58, 60, 62, 223, 273.||↩||New Scientist – Broccoli Helps Clear Damaged Lungs|
|67, 93.||↩||Marco Di Segni – Facebook Post to COPD Group|
|68, 77, 80, 85, 277.||↩||Nitrates – Nitrites – Foodsmart.govt.nz|
|69, 72, 79, 83, 84, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92.||↩||Nitrite and Nitrate in Human Health and Disease – by AnnMarie Kocher, Joseph Loscalzo|
|70, 73, 74, 75, 76, 78, 279.||↩||Nitrate and Nitrite – The story of the Icelandic smoked mutton – DiabetesAndEnvironment.org|
|71, 86, 278.||↩||Epidemilogical trends strongly suggest exposures as etiologic agents in the pathogenesis of sporadic Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes mellitus, and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. – PubMed.gov|
|81.||↩||Inhibition of nitrosamine formation by Nutrition.org–|
|82, 275.||↩||Dietary Vitamin C Intake and Lung Function in Rural China – OxfordJournals.org|
|94, 95, 274.||↩||Fox News Article: Cured meat tied to more COPD hospitalizations|
|99, 100, 101, 102, 104, 105, 206, 207, 258.||↩||The Cure for All Diseases – Hulda Regehr Clark, Ph.D book|
|122, 124, 255.||↩||Emphysema Cure – Eliminating the Skepticism blog|
|134, 135, 137, 138, 139, 261.||↩||Herb Information site by someone who owns a Herb Farm – Isabelle Shepard|
|140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 268.||↩||The Healing Power of Chinese Herbs and Medicinal Recipes by Ethan B Russo, Joseph Hou|
|156, 157, 217, 219, 220, 221, 222, 232, 237, 241, 267.||↩||Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: A Practical Guide to Management edited by Robert A. Stockley, Stephen I Rennard, Klaus Rabe, Bartolome Celli|
|160, 161.||↩||Curezone – Possible Simple Cure for Emphysema forum|
|191, 192, 193, 257.||↩||The Body is the Barometer of the Soul, So Be Your Own Doctor II – Annette Noontil book|
|194, 197, 265.||↩||Spiritual Reasons for the Top 10 Causes of Death|
|195, 196, 269.||↩||The Rapid Healing Technique: The Tools For Transformation by Jerriann J. Taber|
|198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 259.||↩||http://earthreview.eu – Hydrogen Peroxide – Miracle Cure? blog|
|204, 205, 263.||↩||Hydrogen Peroxide and COPD, Ken Adachi|
|210, 211.||↩||The Regular Parasite Cleanse – Dr Hulda Clark|
|225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 233, 234, 235, 236, 238, 239, 242, 243, 262.||↩||Art of Breathing – Craig Hospital|
|246, 248, 249, 250, 252.||↩||http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ – Vitamin A “cure” for Emphysema article|
|247, 251.||↩||http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ – Form of Vitamin A to cure emphysema press release|
|253, 254, 271.||↩||American Journal of Physiology – Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology – Cell-based tissue engineering for lung regeneration|
|276.||↩||Inhibition of nitrosamine formation by ascorbic acid – Nutrition.org|
|280.||↩||COPD Treatments Facebook Group– admin: Greg Miller, author of How I cured my Mom’s Emphysema|
|281.||↩||Conversations about COPD|