Children Extremely Low-Risk & Unlikely To Spread (COVID-19 Studies)
Living Document – Updated July 10 2021
My post for staying updated on the latest studies on COVID-19 in relation to Children.
Based on the currently available research, I cannot understand why anyone would think about vaccinating healthy kids with these new vaccines – their risk of getting seriously ill with COVID-19 is extremely small, and spreading from kids to adults remains “exceedingly rare”, and the benefit doesn’t outweigh the short-term “known-risks” and the “completely unknown long-term risks“.
Zero Children in Australia
have died from COVID-19
since the start of the Pandemic
Australian COVID-19 Deaths
This graph shows the number of COVID-19 associated deaths in Australia for males and females by age group since the first case was reported. (01)
Zero as at 9 July, 2021 (02)
I am a little triggered as I write this because I was just reading all the newest studies to add to the post and found a couple of papers that made my blood boil:
- one pushing for mandatory vaccination of children (04)
- and the other calling for mass-testing of children (05)
👀 (Vaccine Manufacturers) 👀
Another author listed his conflict of interest as being an “inventor on patents relating to vaccine adjuvants” 👀 (13).
How is this ok?
And although we don’t choose our names, and this is just a coincidence, and VERY immature that I’m pointing this out.. but I was struck by the name of one of the authors: “Dr. Coffin”. I found it somewhat-fitting considering the extremely obvious conflict of interest. (14)
Keypoints to address & get out of the way…
“But what about India?” and “I heard Indonesian kids are dying!”
Poverty-stricken areas of India, Brazil, & Indonesia are countries whose children are hit harder by COVID-19 due to widespread malnourishment (heightened due to the loss of incomes, weak healthcare systems, over-crowded households, lack of/or no financial support from governments, aid not reaching the most vulnerable, disrupted food-supply chains, and living in multidimensional poverty – without access to education, health care, housing, nutrition, sanitation or water). – Unicef (17) (18) (19) (20)
Comparing poverty-stricken areas to the rest of the world is not comparing apples with apples, and we should be extremely mindful of headlines that create irrational fear that our own children face the same level of danger or trying to coerce children into taking an experimental vaccine to “protect grandma” when the studies show that the spread from children to adults “globally” is negligible.
Worldwide the research continues to show that relatively few children have been reported with COVID-19, that they become less seriously ill, and almost never need to be hospitalised. (June 15, 2021) (21)
- The mortality profile of the covid-19 coronavirus is essentially zero for children and young adults
- near zero below 50
- begins to rise slowly and then very steeply above 70
- and especially above 80, reaching extreme levels in nursing homes. (22)
- Children’s immune responses seem to be able to eliminate the virus before it replicates in large numbers.” – How kids’ immune systems can evade COVID – Nature (23)
- Children are unlikely to cause household COVID-19 clusters or be major drivers of the pandemic even if attending school.
- Interventions aimed at children are expected to have a small impact on reducing SARS-CoV-2 transmission.” – Clinical Infectious Diseases, March 2021 (24)
- USA, UK, Italy, Germany, Spain, France, South Korea – deaths from COVID-19 in children remain rare up to February 2021, at 0.19 per 100 000 population, comprising 0.54% of the estimated total mortality from all causes in a normal year.” (25)
- Australia– Zero children in Australia have died from COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic (July 9 2021) (26) and even the number of cases of COVID-19 in children is low. Only 4.5% of cases have been in school aged children (between five and 17 years). This figure was 2.2% in early June, 2020. The increase is mostly because of more testing and recently recorded cases in Victoria. (27) (Would love to share more data about Australia but finding literally no relevant studies to report)
- Germany – “Our investigation suggests that child-to-child transmission in schools and childcare facilities is uncommon and not the primary cause of SARS-CoV-2 infection in children.” (29)
- Ireland – “No evidence of secondary transmission of COVID-19 from children attending school in Ireland, 2020 (30)
- Netherlands – “Children become less seriously ill and almost never need to be hospitalised” – 15 June 2021 (31)
Latest Research available from the following sources:
- Provisional COVID-19 Deaths: Focus on Ages 0-18 Years – CDC – July 1, 2021 (32)
- COVID-19 Trends Among Persons Aged 0–24 Years — United States, March 1–December 12, 2020 – CDC -Jan 22, 2021 (34)
- Covid and Kids: The Evidence – Swiss Policy Research (regular updates based on the latest research) (35)
- Comprehensive overview of paediatric COVID studies – DFTB portal (also keeps regularly updating based on the latest research) (36)
- Several on-going studies (Netherlands) “Researching the role of children in the spread of the virus” updated every Tuesday. (37)
The risk v benefit calculation does NOT support administering experimental Covid-19 vaccines to healthy children…
- COVID-19 vaccination in children – major ethical concerns | PDF (38)
- Covid policies and harms to children | PDF (39)
- Education Minister on Mass-Testing in Schools | PDF (40)
- Headteachers and Teachers re Covid-19 Vaccination of Children in Schools | PDF (41)
- Urgent re Emergency Authorisation of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine for Children | PDF (42)
Grave concerns about this emergency authorisation, citing evidence of known and potential harms to children that may result and the serious ethical issues this decision raises. Given that these vaccines will have virtually no benefit to the children themselves, it is profoundly unethical and indefensible to vaccinate children, especially with an experimental vaccine using novel technology, in what appears to be a misguided attempt to protect adults and achieve herd immunity. We call on the MHRA to exercise caution and immediately reverse their decision.
- Regarding Covid-19 Vaccination of Children | PDF (43)
This open letter to child health experts and regulators raises serious concerns about the administration of Covid-19 vaccines into healthy children. We reference current scientific evidence that clearly shows the ‘risk v benefit’ calculation does NOT support administering experimental Covid-19 vaccines to healthy children, who have no risk from Covid-19, yet face known and unknown risks from the vaccines.
See also: “Letters to Protect our Children” for updated letters & resources:
Vaccinating Kids & Pregnant Women in Australia
Whilst we aren’t ‘officially’ vaccinating our children in Australia yet… the discussions are “currently underway”:
TGA Adverse Affects to Vaccines in Australia
Snippets from following hearings, see Transcripts & Links to original source videos here:
- 20 April 2021 – Australian Parliament – COVID-19 Hearing (44)
- 27 April 2021 – Australian Parliament – COVID-19 Hearing (45)
I’m also currently drafting another post with all the Questionable Conflicts of Interest 👀 and all the ties that is breaking my heart and breaking whatever trust I had left with these organizations & governments. Despite what we may be led to believe, there is not a lot of transparency going on surrounding these vaccines.
(I need a break from that other post because it’s giving me heart-palpitations) but I intend to publish it in the next couple of days. I will try and remember to update this post with the link, but if I forget, it will definitely be listed on both the COVID summary page and in the GovTalk category when published.
Vaccinating Kids has already begun in the UK:
Where can I locate the latest research?
I provided a list in the top section of this post of places that are keeping an eye on the latest research to do with COVID-19 and Kids (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) but if you are like me – and have lost trust in any sources and need to double-check research for yourself, or even refine the search based on your own questions, the best place I have found is directly searching PubMed.
PubMed is a search engine that accesses the database on all science & biomedical topics. (80) (Ensure you always double-check the conflict of interests section to discern / weigh-up potential biases, read through the data to see if they are not skewing the conclusion in favour of their personal bias, and look for any ‘discussion’ on the particular paper to see if other researchers are disputing the research or pointing out discrepancies in their data.)
There are over 5,500 results in PubMed for the search terms “children” and “covid-19” in the title/abstract.
14 results in PubMed with “Children”, “COVID-19”, “Vaccination” in the title.
Just as concerned as I am:
Tell me again why we’re vaccinating our kids? No Covid deaths in 0-19-year-olds in Australia since the pandemic began & children have a survival rate of 99.999%. pic.twitter.com/SA36xR9Nf4— Virginia Nicholls (@Virg2101) July 4, 2021
160 Year 12 students at St Joseph’s College have been given the Pfizer vaccine, even though the program has only officially been rolled out to people aged 40 and above. How can teens, many of whom would not be 18, give informed consent? Is this even legal? https://t.co/ih4R3D24Ar— Virginia Nicholls (@Virg2101) July 6, 2021
Dr Robert Malone, inventor of mRNA technology – scary if true…. pic.twitter.com/M6xgFRbhxX— Husserl (@husserl80) July 9, 2021
COVID and schools: the evidence for reopening safely— Robert W Malone, MD (@RWMaloneMD) July 7, 2021
After a school term filled with anxiety and vitriol, researchers assess the spread of coronavirus and the prospects for a return to normal.https://t.co/nkHzlMjgUW
Here is a fun game. Can anyone else spot the logic and data analysis flaws in this "Nature" analysis? To both Jill and I, they are immediately obvious. Maybe a red pill is required. To us, this looks like overt propaganda.https://t.co/1ZJFvemuOg— Robert W Malone, MD (@RWMaloneMD) July 8, 2021
See also: “Letters to Protect our Children” for updated letters & resources: