New Recommendations for Preventing and Treating COVID [Ivermectin & Supps]
Thought it was time to do an updated post now that we know more about it. Pretty much everything I researched originally is still valid protection. The major breakthrough is the efficacy of treatments, in particular, Ivermectin; which has the bold claim that ‘if you take it – you won’t get sick’.
Before I get into sharing what I’ve learnt about Ivermectin, I think the following recommendations belong at the top of the post before it gets lost in translation. These are the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) recommendations for preventing COVID:
FLCCC recommendations for preventing COVID
- Vitamin D3 1000-3000 iu / day
- Vitamin C 500mg
- Quercetin 250mg (except if you have hyperthyroidism)
- Zinc 30-50mg /day
- Melatonin 0.3mg up increased up to 6mg at night
- Aspirin 81-325mg/day (unless contraindicated) / Anti-Clotting
- Ivermectin 0.2mg / kg (1 dose on day 1 and day 3, followed by 1 dose every 2 weeks)
** Update May 5th: If High-Risk of Exposure, 1 dose every week instead of every 2 weeks
FLCCC recommendations if you have COVID Symptoms:
Make sure you go to FLCCC for latest updates as the protocol for symptoms/exposure may change on a weekly basis as they get more and more information all the time!
So what is the FLCCC?
FLCCC is a group of colleagues experienced in Critical Care and Emergency Medicine and shared interests in developing effective treatments for critical illnesses. They formed an alliance devoted to creating a treatment protocol against COVID-19 in early March 2020.
They came up with the above protocols for preventing and treating COVID and they are the one’s who when they realized the effectiveness of Ivermectin tried to get the word out to the world. Their first press conference was on December 4th 2020.
And with passion and urgency, they are the one’s who got in front of the senate to get the NIH to change their stance on Ivermectin; (which was semi-successful – they changed stance on “not recommended outside of clinical trials” to “insufficient data to recommend for or recommend-against“). (See also.) (See also.)
After all the research and hours of videos I’ve watched and documents I’ve read, if I could only get the world to watch just ONE video, I’d choose the one where he explains it to the senate. Please watch and share this video far and wide so that practitioners all over the world find out about it. It’s an outrage the ‘Western’ world doesn’t know this:
Now, have you watched the above video?
Have you though?
Because if you haven’t… this is the time to click on it.
Nutshell notes for those who can’t sit through a video right now:
- There is a drug that has proven to be miraculous – based on mountains of data that have emerged from many centres all around the world, showing the miraculous effectiveness of Ivermectin.
- It basically obliterates transmission of this virus. He claims “If you take it, YOU WILL NOT GET SICK!”
- We have evidence that Ivermectin is effective not only in the prevention, we just came across a trial last night by the lead investigator of Ivermectin in Argentina, who prophylaxed 800 health care workers; not one got sick, and in the 400 that didn’t get it, 58% got sick, 237 of those 400 who did not take Ivermectin got sick.
- It has immense and potent antiviral activity.
- The most profound evidence is in the hospitalized patients, you will not die or it will be at a much, much, lower rate.
- It has already won a Nobel prize in 2015 for its impacts on global health in the eradication of parasitic diseases. It is proving to be a powerful antiviral and anti-inflammatory agent. It is critical for its use in this disease.
- I’m a lung specialists, I’m an ICU specialist, I’ve cared for more dying Covid patients than anyone can imagine. They’re dying because they can’t breathe. Early treatment is key. We need to offload the hospitals. We are tired. I can’t keep doing this. If you look at my manuscript. Any further deaths will be needless deaths and I cannot be traumatized by that. I cannot keep caring for patients when I know they could’ve been saved with earlier treatment, and that drug that will treat them and save them from hospitalization is Ivermectin.
- All I ask is that the NIH review the data we’ve compiled. We have almost 30 studies. Every one of them showing the dramatic impacts of Ivermectin. Please, I’m just asking that they review our manuscript.
- You know who is dying here? It’s our African-American, and Latino, and Elderly. It’s some of the most disadvantaged and impoverished members of our society – they are dying at higher rates than anyone else, and we are responsible to protect those disadvantaged members. We have a duty to provide countermeasures.
- The amount of evidence that show that Ivermectin is lifesaving and protective is so immense, and the drug is so safe, it must be instituted and implemented. I’m asking the NIH to review our data and come up with recommendations for society.
- I will maintain that Ivermectin should be the standard of care for this disease. If you give anyone else a Placebo, based on this data, based on this manuscript, I believe that would be malpractice which would lead to the heightened risk of death. NO MORE Placebo is needed.
- We have 4 randomized control studies in Prophylaxis, each and everyone, highly and statistically significant. Healthy citizens on Ivermectin do not get Covid. (Refers to studies of Ivermectin given to the families of those who have a household member with Covid).
- We also have trials on early-outpatients as well as hospital. The most dramatic is the hospital. All statistically significant reductions in mortality.
- NIH states they don’t recommend the use of Ivermectin outside of clinical trials. That recommendation was based on expert ‘opinion’ only. There was no data to recommend or recommend-against. It was an expert ‘opinion’.
When Asked About Facebook Censorship…
- Facebook wants to cut down on misinformation, the challenge is they are also blocking those of us who are expert, researched, reasoned and extremely knowledgeable. We are some of the most highly published physicians in our speciality, we’ve spent decades in academic medicine – we’re not just some random doctor, but every time we mention Ivermectin, we’ve been put in Facebook-jail. We’ve asked the senator for help in that.
- I understand their intent, but I just wish that some credibility would be applied to us, and I don’t know how to solve that because I do think that misinformation is a problem, however, we are not propagators of misinformation.
Q.) Is Facebook staffed with expert epidemiologists and infectious disease researchers to your knowledge?
A.) Not to my knowledge, certainly not.
Q.) Should Facebook be the arbiter of what counts as medical research in your opinion?
A.) Of course I don’t think they should be the arbiter’s but I’m trying to be fair – I do think their intent is to protect people from misinformation, however they are also blocking good information. It’s a very hard filter to put on and I can understand their challenge. I just wish they did better at it.
Unfortunately it’s a pattern we’ve been seeing in Facebook and other social media giants who have now decided that they will be the arbiters of ALL information, news, journalism, and that they will determine what counts as accurate, reliable news, research, and everything else, despite usually having ZERO expertise in any of these areas. It’s really unbelievable.
When Asked why there are more deaths in USA and other advanced nations in comparison to some of the poorer countries…
Q.) The death rate in India is 85 per million and in the US and other advanced nations, it’s closer to 800 per million. Are you aware of what these other countries have been doing? They don’t have the funding like we do – all they have is these cheap, generic drugs, I’m not a doctor – could anybody speak to that?
A.) We’ve worked with a number of analysts, and 2 of our analysts have been doing numerous epidemiological analysis throughout the pandemic. One hypothesis is that they have younger populations – I want to show you that is not true.
Data shows 8 states of Peru that initiated Ivermectin distribution campaigns throughout their population. In each of the 8 states, it rapidly decreases the mortality rates to pre-pandemic levels.
In one of the states, the government got COVID, his brother got COVID, they took Ivermectin and felt immediately better, and so they concluded that Ivermectin was an effective treatment. The governor did something really dramatic. He immediately began what he called a ‘de-worming campaign’ throughout his state, because he didn’t want to go against the ‘federal health ministry’ which was against Ivermectin. In his state, he began to distribute Ivermectin to the population. (Graph shown). A month and a half later, he found almost no cases in the hospitals.
One state decided to implement Ivermectin in it’s treatment protocols, and if you look at the case-count, you see the deaths plummeted, while in ALL the surrounding regions in Mexico, the deaths either decreased only slightly, or in the majority they increased. You are seeing this play out on population-wide basis, in many regions of the world.
Slide: (Lima, Peru) (Lima didn’t implement Ivermectin, and slide shows Lima in comparison to the 8 states that did).
When Asked about the Risks of taking Ivermectin….
Q.) So is there any harm in “giving it a shot” as opposed to doing nothing which is what NIH guidelines are right now?
A.) So what are the risks of treatment with these agents? I’ll tell you in medicine, as a physician, every decision I make therapeutically involves exactly that question. Which is a Risk-Benefit analysis. If the therapy I have is low-cost, low-risk, or extremely safe, and it’s potential for benefit is high, it would win the risk-benefit analysis, and you should be giving it, and I think that is what you’ve been arguing. With these agents, the answer is unequivocally YES.
When you look at the mortality and morbidity of this disease which is unparalleled, we’re seeing countless deaths and it’s horrific the way they’re dying, and you look at the safe and low-cost agents, it seems a no-brainer that you should try it.
And here’s the thing about Ivermectin, because you know that is my message today, that it is the CURE for this pandemic. You have to understand something about Ivermectin. 3.7 BILLION doses have been administered since it was first developed in 1987. It has an unparalleled safety profile, with almost no side-effects. The only side-effects that have been contributed to it are those that are considered to be part of the diseases they treat, which is the ridding of the parasites.
On COVID not being the “Flu”…
Two things I want to mention. This is not the flu, I’ve been a doctor for a long time. I will tell you from the earliest onset, in one major healthcare system in New York, they went from 95 ICU beds in a span of 2 and a half weeks to 350 ICU beds. Gastroenterologists were taking care of dying patients on ventilators. We do not do that with the flu. I have done nothing but take care of COVID patients since the beginning, we have ICU’s dedicated to COVID patients on ventilators. That is not what happens with the flu.
Ivermectin has shown itself to be a highly effective preventative, and early treatment agent. It needs to be immediately adopted systematically, nationally, and globally. Period.– Dr. Pierre Kory
Here are other good sources to get an up-to-date understanding Ivermectin:
Dr. John Campbell is looking at the data of Ivermectin (Dec 2020):
Dr. Paul Marik & Dr. Syed: Ivermectin and Vitamin D (Dec 2020)
Dr. Syed (Dr Been) explaining how Ivermectin is still effective against COVID variants (Mar 2021)
Dr. Syed (Dr Been) Explaining (back in Oct 2020) how Ivermectin blocks COVID and also explains some of the Ivermectin studies, and what he prescribes for his own patients.
Here’s a testimonial from someone who took it when they had COVID that you may recognize:
So what exactly is Ivermectin? Well the story of how it came to be is pretty interesting:
Now… Where can you can Ivermectin?
Well it’s prescription-only in all countries as far as I can find, which is in my opinion a crime against humanity, especially if your local doctor is not up with the latest findings (another reason to get that video shared far and wide).
In the USA and some other parts of the world:
- Listed practitioners you can get Ivermectin from on the FLCCC website
- How to get it for US $30 or less (instead of $220+) in USA (Dr Been Video on how he got it)
(SideNote: He also mentions in this video that he takes these also as a preventative: Vitamin D (20,000 ui a day) with Calcium, Copper, Selenium, Curcumin, CoQ10, Zinc, Fish oil, Black seed oil (all daily), and Honey occasionally.
- In Australia you can get it from Chemist Warehouse (prescription only) and likely to be at all pharmacies as it’s a common drug.
Side-Effects of Ivermectin
Dr. Kory’s message to the senate said there are virtually no side-effects (or rather that the side effects are due to the killing of parasites), and I looked up the side effects and list them below:
Side effects of oral ivermectin are rare and usually minor, and include:
- Transient tachycardia (fast heart rate)
- In treatment of onchocerciasis (River-Blindness); fever, rash, muscle or joint aches and tender glands and eye irritation, swelling or pain
- In treatment of strongyloidiasis (Roundworm); diarrhoea, skin rash
- More severe neurological side effects are theoretically possible in rare susceptible individuals
Another source I found included a lot more Side Effects, and they re-iterate that the side effects depend on the condition being treated (so depending on what parasites you have in your body, as to what you will experience):
When it’s used to treat intestinal infections;
Tiredness, loss of energy, stomach pain, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, sleepiness or drowsiness, and itchiness.
When it’s used to treat skin and eye infections;
Joint pain and swelling, swollen and tender lymph nodes, itching, rash, fever, and eye problems.
Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following; (Bolded the most serious which seem to be rare)
Pain in your neck and back, Serious eye problems.
Redness, bleeding, swelling, pain, loss of vision, shortness of breath, inability to control urination, inability to control bowel movements, trouble standing or walking, confusion, extreme tiredness, extreme drowsiness, seizures, coma, low blood pressure.
- 64 Clinical Studies on ivermectin: ClinicalTrials.Gov