January 6 at 12:33pm
I would add one thing to Penny’s analysis. Try adding a really good probiotic to your regimen to add back the good bacteria that were a casualty of the antibiotics and steroids. Take twice the recommended amount for ten days and then drop to the recommended level . This will give your immune system the re-seeding it needs so it can finish the recovery. Everything Penny recommended is dead on and an analysis of your diet and exercise will probably show you what is aiding the illness.
JC January 15 at 12:47pm
Prednisone is bad one, Causes more problems than good, The longest I have ever been prescribed it was for nine days with a “tapering” dose when I had Pneumonia, Be very careful with it, Get another opinion about taking it for a long period of time.+
DW January 15 at 2:59am
- Yes. The sugar when removed from the diet will improve the condition. This includes all fruit sugars and starch based foods as well.
- The next step is to remove all dairy products and once that is done there will be another step forward in feeling better with far less mucous.
- The next step would be to remove all wheat and grain based products.
- Every step we take to remove these damaging things from our diets will help to improve our condition. Obtain an air purification system for your home that will remove all dust particles from the air and try to maintain humidity at around 60%.
- Take regularly to maintain the immune system.
These steps also require the avoidance of all processed foods and the addition of some super foods once the die off is complete. I’ve been takingand spirulina along with an all vegetable superfood mix in powder form. Doing these things will really help to hammer the symptoms of the COPD. Candida is a leading cause of many major diseases and getting it under control and restricting it’s existence to the lower gut where it belongs and can be controlled by health bacteris will certainly improve your health overall especially where the COPD is concerned.
JM January 15 at 4:40am
What is chlorella. And spirulina ??
DMH January 15 at 6:30am
Chlorella is a liquid chlorophyl which is the green pigment that allows plants to produce food from sunlight and spirulina is algae harvested from the ocean that is very high in vitamins and minerals.
One of our bigger problems with COPD is the oxygen deprivation to our entire body. Without enough oxygen the internal organs cannot maintain a healthy condition and gradually degrade over time leading to a host of other problems.
Most of the food we eat is sadly just no good for us or the quality is so poor we might as well eat cardboard. Super foods will boost the immune system and give us a fighting chance against many of the problems we have and might encounter due to low oxygen levels. After a week or two of taking these super foods you will feel the difference in energy levels and an improvement in levels of concentration. Buying all organic produce and using a Nutri Bullet will allow your body to absorb almost 100% of the nutrient value of the fresh foods you purchase. It is a battle but I believe it can be won by giving our bodies a huge helping hand and diet plays a massive part in our recovery.
The sooner we begin the better because for every day we delay our body is being damaged and growing weaker due to lack of oxygen. I am meant to have been in a wheelchair and on oxygen 24/7 but after 12 years of COPD I am not anywhere near that stage. In fact I am holding my own now and not actually getting any worse. I’ve created a large organic vegetable garden and am getting two large chest freezers to store fresh veggies for the winter. No chemicals and 100% organic foods will certainly play a huge part in my recovery.
Please let no one tell you that diet does not play a huge part in a recovery from what the medical profession says is a terminal disease. They say the same about cancer but anyone digging for the truth knows that cancer is a profit based industry and the people suffering from it are cash cows for the drug companies and the entire medical profession. If we want to get well we have to take the bull by the horns and fight to get well again! I believe we can do this!Join the Conversation COPD Facebook Group
Read my list of Saved Conversations from the COPD Group
- Spirulna & Chlorella – http://www.alive.com/articles/view/22237/spirulina_chlorella [↩]
- COPD Treatments Facebook Group – admin: Greg Miller, author of How I cured my Mom’s Emphysema [↩]
- Conversations about COPD [↩]
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is not medical science or medical advice. I do not have any medical training aside from my own research and interest in this area. The information I publish is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, disorder, pain, injury, deformity, or physical or mental condition. I just report my own results, understanding & research.
Latest posts by Penny (NaturalHealing.com.au) (see all)
- My Health Purchases (which, why, where & how much) - Dec 5, 2016
- Thinking of new channel plus pathogens controlling us - Apr 27, 2016
- Emphysema – the beginning - Oct 13, 2015
- The Ick-Factor of Drinking your own Pee (Journey to being Educated instead of Grossed-Out) - Aug 18, 2015
- July Green Smoothies [Food Diary] - Jul 28, 2015