Conflicts of Interest – AZ
WARNING: unbalanced footnote start tag short code found.
If this warning is irrelevant, please disable the syntax validation feature in the dashboard under General settings > Footnote start and end short codes > Check for balanced shortcodes.
Unbalanced start tag short code found before:
“European Medicines Agency, Scientific Advisory Group of Vaccines Stakeholders: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/partners-networks/pharmaceutical-industry )).In 2016, became a member of the World Health Organisation (WHO) Scientific Advisory Group of Experts (SAGE) ”
Just having a look at the Listed Conflicts on the AstraZeneca Trial Analysis Data 👀
(I mean you wouldn’t want Independent Researchers looking into it before it got mandated to the entire world or anything? “If the people who make it say it’s safe & effective, it must be safe & effective” – let’s just roll up our sleeves then)
- Vaccitech is an Oxford University spin-out company that owns the biotechnology behind the AstraZeneca Vaccine.
- The company was founded in 2016 as a University spin-off by Sarah Gilbert and Adrian V. S. Hill at the Jenner Institute, University of Oxford.
- Vaccitech has been financed and supported by Google Ventures (GV), Sequoia Capital, GeneMatrix, Liontrust Asset Management, Korea Investment Partners and Oxford Sciences Innovation (OSI).
- International Trials sponsored by University of Oxford – lead by Andrew Pollard
- Andrew Pollard ((Andrew J Pollard – Prof of Paediatric Infection & Immunity – Director of The Oxford Vaccine Group – Member of the World Health Organisation’s SAGE, Chair of UK Health Department’s Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunsation))
- Director of The Oxford Vaccine Group
- Oxford Vaccine Group (OVG) who receive funding from vaccine manufacturers for their trials.
- Member of WHO SAGE since 2016 ((WHO – SAGE – Immunization, Vaccines and Biologicals – Current SAGE Members (Archive.org copy) – Original URL keeps getting redirected to a “we are revamping our website” notice since April 25, 2021 https://www.who.int/immunization/sage/members/en/ ))
- Chair of UK health Dept. Vaccination Committee
- Chair of The Joint Committee on Vaccination & Immunisation (JCVI) (( Joint Committee Andrew Pollard on Vaccination and Immunisation: https://www.gov.uk/government/groups/joint-committee-on-vaccination-and-immunisation#membership )) who advises WHO & UK health departments on immunisation.
- Lead developer of the Bexsero meningococcal B vaccine, previously owned by Novartis and now owned by GSK
- Oxford University receives funding from Vaccine Manufacturing and Innovation Centre UK [20, p.81]. ((Financial Statements 2018/19 University of Oxford | PDF P.81))
- Oxford University Innovation (Hong Kong) Limited has entered into a joint venture with the Changzhou government in China.
- Oxford University Innovation (Hong Kong) Limited has established a Sino-foreign joint venture in partnership with the Suzhou city government and Oxlink Investment Consulting Co. Ltd (Oxlink), Oxlink is a company registered in PRC.
- Oxford University Innovation (Hong Kong) Limited has established a Sino-foreign joint venture in partnership with Shenzhen City Jinyucheng Science & Technology Co. Ltd (Jinyucheng), and Shenzhen City Guochuang Lianhe Science & Technology Investment Co. Ltd (Guochuang). Jinyucheng and Guochuang are companies registered in PRC.
- Competing interests listed in the “Safety analysis” of the International trials of the AZ vaccine ((Voysey M, Clemens SAC, Madhi SA, Weckx LY, Folegatti PM, Aley PK, Angus B, Baillie VL, Barnabas SL, Bhorat QE, Bibi S, Briner C, Cicconi P, Collins AM, Colin-Jones R, Cutland CL, Darton TC, Dheda K, Duncan CJA, Emary KRW, Ewer KJ, Fairlie L, Faust SN, Feng S, Ferreira DM, Finn A, Goodman AL, Green CM, Green CA, Heath PT, Hill C, Hill H, Hirsch I, Hodgson SHC, Izu A, Jackson S, Jenkin D, Joe CCD, Kerridge S, Koen A, Kwatra G, Lazarus R, Lawrie AM, Lelliott A, Libri V, Lillie PJ, Mallory R, Mendes AVA, Milan EP, Minassian AM, McGregor A, Morrison H, Mujadidi YF, Nana A, O’Reilly PJ, Padayachee SD, Pittella A, Plested E, Pollock KM, Ramasamy MN, Rhead S, Schwarzbold AV, Singh N, Smith A, Song R, Snape MD, Sprinz E, Sutherland RK, Tarrant R, Thomson EC, Török ME, Toshner M, Turner DPJ, Vekemans J, Villafana TL, Watson MEE, Williams CJ, Douglas AD, Hill AVS, Lambe T, Gilbert SC, Pollard AJ; Oxford COVID Vaccine Trial Group. Safety and efficacy of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine (AZD1222) against SARS-CoV-2: an interim analysis of four randomised controlled trials in Brazil, South Africa, and the UK. Lancet. 2021 Jan 9;397(10269):99-111. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(20)32661-1. Epub 2020 Dec 8. Erratum in: Lancet. 2021 Jan 9;397(10269):98. PMID: 33306989; PMCID: PMC7723445.))
Declared Competing Interests in the AstraZeneca Trials Analysis
Telegram Channels: Get Post Updates | Post Comments | Videos
Get post updates from either Gettr or my Telegram channel: @JourneyToABetterLife. To comment on a post, the easiest way is to post in Telegram. (Note: I stopped logging into Facebook in January 2023 and haven't looked back!). Best way to reach me (although I don't login everyday) is putting a message in Telegram, Gettr, or SMS.