Home-made Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Sundried Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- Sautéed Garlic & Onion (to taste)
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes (to taste)
- Dash Olive Oil
- Boil water in Kettle.
- Sauté Garlic & Onion.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Store in a Jar, old tomato sauce bottle or in ice-cube trays
- Keep refrigerated. (Or transfer to ice cube trays and keep it in the freezer!)
I love this idea from “Genius Uses for Ice Trays“..
They suggest adding your tomato sauce to ice cube trays – great idea!
That will make the sauce last a very long time and you can just “pop-out” the amount you need before you start cooking :)