Homemade Deodorant (Bicarb & Coconut Oil)
You can purchase ready-made natural deodorants from most chemists or supermarkets (crystal salt deodorants, etc.), but here is one that you can make yourself, and many people have put it through the ‘stress-test’ and found that they don’t smell with it, even on the hottest, sweatiest days.
Note: this is not an “antiperspirant” – you will still sweat. Sweating is a natural bodily process that is necessary for health in removing toxins from your body. This deodorant will help remove the smells only.
- 1/4 cup baking soda (Soda NOT powder)
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Powder (or cornstarch)
- 7 TBSP Coconut Oil
- 6-8 drops of Essential Oil(s)
- 1 drop Tea Tree Oil
- Melt the Coconut Oil over a cup of hot water (if you live in a cold weather)
- Mix ingredients "very well" (or use a blender). (I just use a fork)
- Transfer to a container (plastic or glass)
- (Here in Melbourne, I put the coconut oil in a cup, and then have a bowl of boiled water and sit the cup in the water to melt the coconut oil for mixing, but up in Queensland or in hotter locations, you probably won't need to do that)
Homemade Deodorant looks just like my Homemade Toothpaste
Here are some tips about using this deodorant…