D.I.Y. Shampoo (Baking Soda)
We only use shampoo because of clever marketing. Shampoo strips the natural oils from our scalp and adds toxins and chemicals directly to our bodies.
- 2 TBSP Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Shower Water
- Place Baking Soda into an empty cup.
- Take it in the shower with you. Let it fill up with warm water.
- Give it a swirl or stir with your finger, then add to your scalp in little splashes, while massaging into your hair & scalp.
- Do this just once per week (average adult in non-dusty environment).
- Baking Soda opens cuticles and removes excess oils/dirt. Baking Soda also alkalizes pH levels.
Note: YOU MUST use if you use Baking Soda as a shampoo. as a conditioner
Bicarb Soda “opens” the cuticles which is great to clean out the oil, grease, dirt and foreign bodies in our hair leaving it the cleanest you’ve probably ever seen it! But leaving the cuticles “OPEN” can cause damage to your hair. So for bicarb/baking soda shampoo – you use it only once (max) per week and you use the conditioner to “close” and smooth the cuticles.
You can still shower during the week but you don’t shampoo/condition your hair, you either don’t get your hair wet or just wash with water.