[The Voice] Clan leader: You are leading us into destruction
Rev Dr Djiniyini Gondarra opposes upcoming Voice Referendum in spite of spending decades campaigning… says it’s a token solution to chaos created from a system that has held them hostage from the beginning… and those voting Yes are grasping for hope, but it is false hope.
Clan leader: You are leading us into destruction [The Voice]
- Full Public Statement: Rev Dr Djiniyini Gondarra OAM on Treaty and the Voice 20 Sep 2023
- Documentary Ḻuku Ngärra: The Law of the Land.
- 17 Aug 2023, ABC: Arnhem Land clan leader Reverend Djiniyini Gondarra plans to vote No to a Voice as treaty quest continues
- 1 May 2023, ABC: There are 11 First Nations MPs and senators. Here’s what they think of a Voice to Parliament
‘Most communities have no idea what Voice is about’
Dr Gondarra released a lengthy public statement detailing why, in spite of his decades spent campaigning for Aboriginal rights and recognition, he is opposed to the looming referendum.
“For decades, these laws and policies have deprived my people of their basic human rights, access to their land and waters and their God given freedom. And now you are forcing upon us a tokenistic solution to the chaos you have created using the same system that has held us hostage from the very beginning. If my people vote Yes in your upcoming referendum, it is only because we are grasping for some kind of hope, but it is a false hope…
“The result of this referendum will only reflect what the majority non-Indigenous population of Australia think is right for us.”
In my 78 years living and working in both worlds, I have witnessed the Australian Government continuously hand pick Indigenous people that behave like the Master Slave, mirroring what the Government says, while they ignore the voices of clan leaders and community members who challenge them and the system they are operating under. This is nothing less than dictatorship and the continuation of the dividing and conquering of my people.
The Yes or No approach you are forcing upon the country divides people into conflicting camps while distracting them from what the real problems are. Your proposed “Voice” cannot represent the views of all First Nations across Australia because our experiences and needs are not all the same. Centralised decision making has never worked for us and fails all of humanity. That is why we need our original clan-based leadership and decision-making processes, that we have used for tens of thousands of years, to be recognised and respected.
I question this referendum and the value of the “Voice” that it offers, so I will be voting No.
But because of this, you cannot categorize me beside people like Jacinta Price or some of the racist voices also saying No. They have their own reasons. This is so much more than just a Yes or No situation. Where is our right to choose Neither?
Stop treating us like children and forcing inappropriate solutions upon us, that are propped up by mainstream propaganda and funded by corporations that have never cared for our self-governance, our liberty or our freedom.
If the Government is serious about listening to our voice, they should accept the invitation I have put to them for almost 20 years – To meet in a neutral space with the political leaders of our sovereign governments and begin the overdue process of real dialogue and negotiation.
- [The Voice] Call to ALL Original Tribes of the World
- [The Voice] Clan leader: You are leading us into destruction
- [The Voice] Pfizer says Yes – Red Flag number?
- [The Voice] “This is Trickery. Don’t put us in that Constitution” ~ via 2sm
- [The Voice] “Please don’t put us in that constitution” ~ Mebbingarri
- [The Voice] Why Aussies need to Say No
- Covid Mismanagement [Senator Roberts]
- [Solutions] Serene Teffaha – CoVision
- Dreamtime Healing with Steve Richards (Holographic Kinetics)
- [ICIC] Australian Aboriginals Fight for Survival
- WHO Pandemic Treaty Debate [Greens – Senator Dorinda Cox]
- Holographic Kinetics – Aboriginal Dreamtime Healing
- Paxlovid / Retonovir
- West Australian Gov’t Proposes to give CCP Super Powers to unelected public servants.
- “Opportunistic Vaccinations”
- Covid Camps
- Against Our Will [Australia & New Zealand]
- Australian Parliament – Ivermectin
- VIC Government (Inquiry into COVID-19 response) Business & Community Impact
- Native Prophecies of the Spiritual Wave