How Department of Health Gags Doctors on Social Media (Australia)
How Department of Health Australia works closely with the social media platforms to block content such as “the vaccines are somehow harmful or that they don’t work”, or “suggestions that Covid-19 either does not exist or is not as severe” ~ From the Senate select committee on Covid in February 2022.
Speakers in Clip:
- Dept of Health: Ms Rachel Balmanno, First Assistant Secretary, People, Communication and Parliamentary Division, Department of Health [by video link]
- Senate: Former Senator Rex Patrick (S.A.)
Feb 2nd, 2022 | Twitter | Rumble | Telegram | Hansard | PDF
Senator PATRICK: Sure. I just thought you might have known something about that. [inaudible] some questions of PM&C, and they directed them for you, Dr Murphy. This goes to how you deal with misinformation. Could you give a bit of a description about what’s happening inside Health [inaudible] for disinformation and then how you might respond to disinformation when it comes from a member of the public or an MP or a senator or a doctor. How might you treat those situations?
Dr Skerritt : I’ll kick off, because we have a statutory role if inappropriate information is provided about a product. If a product is advertised and claims to do things that it can’t, we can take regulatory action, which ranges from a warning letter through to criminal or civil court action. If it’s a public figure, we will write to them. They are treated no differently from anyone else. There are certain issues where, if people are not promoting a product—if they’re saying, ‘Don’t get vaccinated’—ironically, it is not actually an offence under the Therapeutic Goods Act, because they’re not promoting a therapeutic product; they’re saying, ‘Don’t take a group of therapeutic products.’ There have been a number of people of high public profile who have made statements opposing vaccination, but that’s not a contravention of our act or indeed, in working with other regulators, any of their legislation.
We also have—again, relating to products—an education and communications function, which operates on everything from social media through to paid media, advising people on such things as: ‘Don’t buy a rapid antigen test off the internet or a COVID treatment off the internet. You don’t know what review it’s been through and whether it works and so forth.’ We’ve done media saying, for example, as I just said, ‘Don’t buy COVID tests in plastic bags.’ So our media has stimulated reporting of convenience stores and some pharmacies for doing the wrong thing, through the ACCC in that case.
Dr Murphy : Ms Balmanno is online and will address the general issue.
Ms Balmanno : Beyond the regulatory functions that Dr Skerritt mentioned, we obviously have quite a concerted effort to ensure that the community has access to the best available information about COVID, COVID treatments and COVID vaccination.
Part of that is certainly monitoring for misinformation and countering that misinformation.
We’re also taking action such as blocking certain commentators from our own channels, or recommending that other government agencies do that, and reporting various accounts to the social media platforms, who have worked with us very closely over the last few years to make sure that they’re quite responsive to reports of information [inaudible] against the standards that they each have set out for information on their platform.
So we’re very active in that and we liaise with other agencies to identify those sources.
The main topics of misinformation continue to be that vaccines are in some way harmful or that they don’t work; they are probably the headlines.
There is still also a reasonable thread of suggestion that COVID-19 does not exist or is not so virulent; they’re probably the main topics.
Senator PATRICK: How do you handle that? If a member of the public is doing it, you might shut down the platform by which they are communicating; if it’s an MP or if it’s a doctor—
Ms Balmanno : Regardless of who it is, if we’re concerned that they’re promoting information that we know not to be correct through our channels, we will shut that down.
We have a protocol—and it’s published on each of our channels—about our accepted standards, and it includes statements about misinformation. It explains what we’ll do.
So we would contact them and remove the specific comments initially and contact them and explain.
But, if there were repeated cases, we would actually block that person from our channels, and, similarly, we would report them to the platform if we were concerned about information that they were publishing through their own accounts, not through ours.
- “Experts” Silenced By Policy
- How To Create A Vaccine-Hungry Market (Stakeholders Conference 2019)
- Carla Mardell | How To Run A Fear-Based Health Campaign In Australia
- Censorship Industrial Complex (Congress hearing, March 9, 2023)
- Robert Kennedy Jr on “Censorship”
- Follow The Money (2022 Update)
- Dr John Littell kicked out of Hospital after Ivermectin Testimony
- @Jikkyleaks Australian Whistleblower
- Evidence of Pharma Corruption & “Group-Think” | Peter Parry
- Dr Mark Trozzi ‘If you want to survive, do some homework’
- Autopsies: Evidence for Jab-Related Harm & Death. (Prof. Dr. Arne Burkhardt)
- C19 Jabs: More Harm Than Good (500+ Doctors & Scientists)
- George Christensen on Vial Contents
- [Study] Censorship and Suppression of Covid-19 Opinions
- Talk.TV cuts off John Watt because she’s “Scared of Pfizer’s big pockets”
- Fired Paediatric Nurse Emotional Testimony “I am the face of your ‘misinformation’ campaign.”
- Dr Mark Hobart explains new Australian law to control doctors for good (California is also doing this)
- Former Pfizer Staff Speak Out
- Deprogramming from Hypnosis & Media-Hysteria
- Australian Medical Network – Open Letter to Atagi & TGA
- Honest Journalism is DEAD
- What Is Going On With The Censorship & Mass-Media Disinformation? What Is REALLY Going On?
- BMJ takes on FB Fact-Destroyers
- How I went from Pandemic to PLAN-demic (How I know I’m on the right side of history)
- Politics Block Lifesaving Medicines to COVID Patients
- Agenda-Driven Corrupt & Evil Programming – DO NOT TRUST THE MEDIA
- Fact-Checkers – New Mind-Control Weapon
- COVID Conflict$ Of Interest Australia [Video]
- TGA, FDA, EMA, MHRA: Drug Regulators For Hire (BMJ)
- Dr Duncan Syme | Health & Govt Bureaucracies Have Trashed Principles
- Inner Workings Of The FDA’s Marriage To Pharma: “Don’t Rock The Boat”
- The Marriage Between Moderna & U.S. Govt, Pfizer “Causes” Covid, & Other Shenanigans
- Pfizer’s Own Trial Data: 1200+ Dead, 46.5% Required Hospitalization & 30% Unrecovered In The First 2 Months & 12 Days Of Rollout
- 200+ Aussie Doctors Request Health Reform (AMPS Summit 2022)
- Dr James Rowe | Australian Pharmaceutical Scientist On Toxic C19 Jab Batches
- C-19 Vaccines [Videos] Doctors & Nurses
- Australian Jab Update – Miscarriages & Serious Injuries
- “Trust the Science” Policy vs Healthcare
- Australia – 1st Jab Feb – “Delta” March
- Verifiable References for Aussies
Telegram Channels: Get Post Updates | Post Comments | Videos
Get post updates from either Gettr or my Telegram channel: @JourneyToABetterLife. To comment on a post, the easiest way is to post in Telegram. (Note: I stopped logging into Facebook in January 2023 and haven't looked back!). Best way to reach me (although I don't login everyday) is putting a message in Telegram, Gettr, or SMS.