Article Writing & Ezine Submission
Article writing costs you nothing to write, and are free to advertise, any earnings you get from article-writing is pure profit.
When you joined LeadsLeap, if you spent some time reading the great free material, you would’ve noticed that Kenneth has a system in place for his new websites.
The first thing he does is submit to Digg and Propeller, and the very next thing he does is write 5 new articles for his new site and posts them to as many article directories as possible.
Read his articles on the subject here:
- Write 5 articles based on SGR, put links in them to your website or blog or squeeze page.
- Submit the articles to hundreds of ezine publishers and directories.
- In your article by-line, place your autoresponder link so that people can signup to your free course.
- Your article, as people use them on their own website, will start popping up all over the internet and in search engines.
- So make sure your article is worthy of being put on someone’s site, you want it to be useful to the readers.
What to write about?
How-to: An article that explains how to do something, get something, use something or find something.
Opinion: An article focusing on an emerging aspect of your business, and offer your opinion on how it will affect the industry.
Personal story/inspirational essay: Your compelling reason you went into business for yourself. Why you chose the path you did. You can make it humorous, or inspirational, or both.
Excerpt: Your new e-book or e-course can be used to offer a free sample chapter, condensed versions of the articles.
Top ten lists: Top 20 Ideas, 3 ways, Five Steps to… etc.
Remember to stay away from making your articles sound like advertisements.
People read articles to be entertained, get ideas, or learn something they didn’t know before.
- Use short sentences and short paragraphs.
- Keep the language level conversational.
- Talk directly to the reader “if your..” “you could” etc.
- Use bulleted lists to break up the text.
- 400 to 800 words is a good general target for most articles.
- A link to your autoresponder, free pdf, or website in your Bio box.
Add this to each article:
This article may be freely reprinted or distributed in its entirety in any e-zine, newsletter, blog, or website.
The author’s name, bio and website links must remain intact and be included with every reproduction.
Where to Submit?
Following are some of the many article directories you can submit your articles to for reprinting and distribution:
Article Beach – ArticleBeach.com
Go Articles – goarticles.com
Ezine Articles – ezinearticles.com
Marketing Seek – marketing-seek.com
Idea Marketers – ideamarketers.com
Article City – articlecity.com
Internet Home Business Articles – internethomebusinessarticles.com
Article Central – articlecentral.com
Certificate.net – certificate.net
Article Dashboard – articledashboard.com
Ebooks ‘n’ Bytes – ebooksnbytes.com
Article Emporium – article-emporium.com
Site Reference – site-reference.com
Article Directory – article-directory.net
Sticky Sauce – stickysauce.com
Else, if you have money to spend, write the 5 articles, and get the guys over at ArticleMarketer.com to automatically submit them to all the ezine submission places for $49.99/quarter, and they do have a free submission “try-before-you-buy” which does quite a few places, which is what I’m doing to start me off! :)