Top Traffic Tips
Are you doing everything you can to get traffic into your site?
1. Include your URL in any and all printed material (business cards, invoices, Thank-You notes etc).
2. Include your URL in all follow-up emails, autoresponders, thank-you download pages, etc.
3. Include your URL in any and all email correspondence (add it to your standard signature).
4. Promotional Items – Magnets, Pens, Key Chains, Pencils, Cups, etc with your Logo & URL.
- You could also purchase customized tshirts, caps, and jackets that you can wear. (See CafePress.com to setup your own Promotional items)
- Get a bumper sticker or license plate frame made with your URL.
5. Design a Refer-A-Friend Program.
- “Refer a friend to my URL get these 3 fabulous ebooks Free as my thankyou”
6. Reciprocal Links
7.Google Ad Words (pay-per-click – minimum 5 cents per click)
8.Yahoo Sponsored Search (pay-per-click – minimum $5 to start)
9. Become Involved – Are you an expert yet? Become involved in
different chat boards, discussion groups, etc. and offer your thoughts
10. Consider writing an article for a newsletter or on-line
magazine. This is a great way to gain extra exposure, while educating
the public about a particular topic or line of products.
11. Make use of your opt-in Newsletter.
12. Optimize your URL for search engines
- Choose a Domain Name that includes keywords of the products
- Include keywords that describe the contents in your description.
- Optimize your website to include more keywords
- Use 2-word or 3-word keyword phrases (Never single-word)
13. Run Promotions & Contests
14. Become Seasonal. (Halloween, Christmas, Valentines, etc), you could just add a holiday graphic to your header.
15. “Did you know” strategy
- Use the “Did you know…” message in your site to let potentials
learn a particular fact about your business that sets you apart from
the competition. Something unique and intriguing enough to get them
signing to your list.
Did You Know?
- Shared among Millions of People
- Discussed on Hundreds of Forums and Websites
- Spreading across the World like Wild Fire
- Responsible for attracting Millions of Raving Fans
- Having Millions Asking For More..
16. Make an RSS feed available from your blog/website…and submit the rss feed to all the blog sites..
17. Add Custom Pages – Targeted Articles to your site
18. Setup an About Me page on your website.