(Swish for 1 minute, then expel)
- Oil of
- Clove Oil
- Bicarb Soda & Water
- 50/50 Hydrogen Peroxide (3%) & Water
- Sea Salt & Water
Leave on Pain:
(15 mins or until pain subsides)
- Oil of Oregano
- Clove Oil (diluted with another oil)
- Clove (if you don’t have the oil, you can use an actual clove)
- Tea (black tea or green tea)
- Crushed Garlic (crush the garlic, then leave for 10 minutes before using)
When I have a toothache, I try as many methods that I have on-hand (I’ll use every option I have available to me to get the pain gone quickly), usually the bicarb & water, then the sea salt & water, then the hydrogen peroxide & water, I gargle, I swish, and I use it like oil pulling (swish the substance in between the tooth that is causing the ache).
Oil Pulling with Coconut Oil
Other oils may work, but Coconut oil is good for teeth and bacteria, so swishing coconut oil around in the mouth, particularly in the area with pain for as long as you can – 20 mins is recommended but I can never last that long.
I had a toothache when I woke up this morning.
- First I swished my mouth with sea-salt, bicarb & water, making sure to “suck” the solution between the tooth that was causing me pain.
- Then I flossed & brushed my teeth with my coconut oil toothpaste.
- I also used the toothpaste like I would do oil pulling, swishing it around the area (note: my toothpaste is home-made – see recipe here)
- Then I did the hydrogen peroxide & water swish.
Pain was not noticeable after about 15 mins.
Update – it’s now 2 days later and still no pain.