Tag your Facebook Fan Page, Group, or Events by using @Mentions
You can now tag your fave Pages, Friends, Events, and Groups in your Status Update using the "@" symbol.
It’s called @mentions and takes advantage of the fact that most of us are using Twitter and are used to typing @something now.
Useful to marketers especially who want to promote their Pages, Events, and Groups. I thought it only worked for people, so finding out today that it also works for the others is happy news to me! :) Making your pages, events and groups much more viral.. when people post their own updates and use the @mentions to reference the group/page/event, then all of their friends now have a link to it.
I also didn’t realize how many Facebook pages that Facebook teams actually update with news, so I’ve promptly now become a fan of each of them..
If you’d also like to follow Facebook news, become a fan of these pages:
- Facebook Design
- Facebook for Influencers
- Facebook Updates
- Facebook Pages
- Facebook Marketing Solutions
- Facebook Platform
- Facebook Ads
- Facebook Online Sales Operations
- Facebook Connect
- Facebook Engineering
- Facebook Engineering Tech Talks
- MarkZuckerberg (created Facebook)
- Facebook Data Team
Latest posts by Penny (PennyButler.com) (see all)
- Mini-Camping trip with Zane - Dec 19, 2016
- Apathy, PTSD, Depression or Stability? - Dec 17, 2016
- Supplements I’m using to boost immunity - Dec 14, 2016
- Zombie – Lifetime of Over-thinking & Extreme Emotions to Emptiness - Dec 12, 2016
- For me, Taking Kids to School, Italian - Dec 12, 2016