Miso Soup for a Cold (plus 27 natural immune-boosting tips)
Why these specific ingredients?
- Miso – apparently contains (Friendly bacteria), enhances immune response, generates B & K vitamins in the small intestine. (The darker the Miso, the longer it has been fermenting, and likely the more probiotic organisms – note: the darker the miso, the stronger the taste) Probiotics are instrumental in the production of red and white blood cells and are your body’s first line of defense against invading pathogens. Note also: There is insufficient study on the probiotics-content in Miso due to it’s high salt content & complex fermentation.
- Fresh – gentle circulatory stimulant, alleviates respiratory congestion, reduces inflammation
- – Powerful anti-oxidant properties, natural potent anti-biotic, helps to destroy infection, floats dead tissue out of the lungs, and promotes healthy flora
- Onion – anti-microbial, fights infection, reduces congestion & inflammation
- – vit c, folate, b2, b5, e, b6, dietary fibre, b9, vit k, beta-carotene,
- – vit c, b5, b6, folate, vit k, potassium, vit h, choline
- – vit a, vit c, b6, dietary fibre, vit e, potassium, beta-carotene
- Cabbage – vit c, folate, potassium, b6, dietary fibre, vit u, vit k, vit e, beta-carotene
- Thyme, Rosemary, & – natural anti-microbial herbs
- ( ) – clear lung congestion
If you have a cold:
- Drink plenty of fluids (Water, Super-Juices, Smoothies, Soups, Chamomile tea, Freshly squeezed juice with water, Fresh Apple Juice)
- Have a hot bath (with epsom salts, bicarb soda, and safe essential oils) (Skin brushing also recommended)
- Wrap yourself up in blankets to help sweat-it-out (have plenty of water on hand)
- Don’t take anything to suppress the symptoms – for rapid healing, aid your body to expel the toxins (via colon, kidneys, skin, nose and breath)
- Avoid dairy, non-organic meat, fat, sugar, pasta, grains, processed-foods, and heavy meals for at least 24 hours
- Eat nutrient/vitamin rich ‘light’ meals – fruits, vegetables, and salad greens (preferably via soups & smoothies)
- Deep abdominal breathing – light full breath through your nose until abdomen is full, long breath out through your mouth through pursed lips (to aid lungs to expel mucous). Moving the air through all parts of your lungs with deep breathing reduces the collection of natural secretions in your lungs.
- Floss and brush your teeth & tongue
- Lightly gargle, swish and rinse your mouth out
- Rest – BUT – you need to move to get your lymphatic system moving, so still walk, stretch, and do self-sinus massages. Frequently moving your body around helps break up and move around the fluid in the lungs.
Additional things to try:
- Zapping with Dr Hulda Clark’s zapper (you can make your own)
- Hydrogen Peroxide 3% – couple of drops in each ear
- Oil Pulling with Coconut oil or Sunflower oil
- Skin Brushing towards heart (the skin is the largest organ of the body and one of the most important organs for elimination of toxins, dry-skin brushing helps rid your body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and stimulates the lymph glands)
- Apple-Cider Vinegar (with the mother) helps remove toxins from body & is a natural anti-biotic.
- (5ml 2-3x day) – antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory. Liquid Olive Leaf Extract has an antioxidant capacity almost double green tea extract and 400% higher than vitamin C.
- (Herbs that Suppress or Expel Mucus) – Chinese Medicine
- Instinct Based Medicine (Sugar paralyzes your immune system for 4 hours and the importance of keeping hydrated)
- Edgar Cayce – Health Summary (Tips for health, what to eat, what to avoid, Acid-Alkaline balance, Lymph + Blood & more)
- Vitamins for Common Conditions (Cold/Flu C B5 Probiotics )
- Supplements – why & side effects (list of common vitamins & supplements and what they are recommended for, and the side-effects they can cause)
- Improve Health on Auto-Pilot (health research by Dan Robey)
- Cure Emphysema Naturally (my research so far on curing emphysema helps people with colds/flu as well)
- All of the above sources (each have their own reference sources), my own personal experiments, plus:
- Nature’s Field, Nov 2012 – Curing Colds & Flu
- The Cure for All Diseases, Dr Hulda Clark
- The World’s Healthiest Foods – A Message about Miso
- Probiotic Foods: 2008 Update
- Wikipedia – Olive Leaf