[IChing] Sept – Dec 2018
If you are curious about the types of questions and answers the I Ching can provide, here are some of the questions I consulted the I Ching about at the end of 2018. The I Ching could take lifetimes to understand. The way I use it is to expand my awareness to contemplate ‘other possibilities’ or to look at situations from a higher-consciousness or another angle. It’s pretty much how I use anything – a book, tarot, a movie, a conversation with a friend.
Everyday you have the opportunity to expand your outlook and re-look at situations from multiple perspectives / lenses.
The IChing for me, is like taking into consideration the advice from an ancient wise man.
I Ching readings from Sept – Dec 2018
How do I get in alignment to a life that’s most fulfilling, rewarding and happy?
#33 Retreat >
- Stay focused on the going, not on the frustration.
- Better to realign your thinking by incorporating the cause for delay than to not proceed at all.
I want to feel/be financially secure
- “When you find peace n yourself, you find peace all around you”.
- Resolving inner conflicts enables you to find solutions to external problems.
- Seek solutions.
- Use good judgement and common sense.
- Look for the root in yourself.
- Have you chosen to follow fear instead of your own strength and nature?
- Identify your vulnerabilities and weaknesses and see them clearly & take responsibility.
How can I re-remember that farm situation in a more empowering, beneficial way?
- Find sturdy helpers who know how to navigate difficult terrain.
- When you are able to dispassionately witness the subtle nuances of dark & light, it is possible to shift to an that resolves a sense of inner harmony & well-being.
- Don’t dwell in the past. Simple, everyday acts have the power to consolidate and strengthen.
What is the best way to help others?
- Free yourself from prejudice so that your actions can be based on what you know to be true.
- Stop judging so much and start understanding a little more.
- Truth is the silent voice of the heart that responds with detached clarity in an intuitive knowing that sees through all blocks.
- The voice of your own consciousness.
How to tune into a winning/frequency?
- Where there’s a will, there’s a way.
- Clarify in your own mind what it is you are afraid of losing.
- Find the “hidden fear”.
What career should I pursue?
#5 Wait >Beginning
- Patiently observe where you’re at, and you will discover a way out.
What do I need to be well?
#49 Welcome Change >Follow
- Try, try, try again.
- You’re going to get through this.
- Discomfort is inevitable during transformation.
- Chaos is part of the process.
- Accept it.
I feel like everything is falling apart, should I be worried?
#33 Retreat >Woo
- Liberate yourself from a costly battle.
- Your doubts will disappear when your future path becomes clear.
- Depression & anger will fade when you can see your path.
What is my clear path?
#26 Controlled power >Retreat
- Only when you are not defending do you hold the power of the great.
What do I need to learn/know about my ‘off’ interaction with ____?
#59 Pride & Ego-Dissolving > #61 Inner Truth
- Nip it in the bud.
- When misunderstandings threaten the harmony of the group, stop them before they start.
- Deal with small problems before they become serious.
- With sincere intention to restore balance, you can gently steer the course of events toward harmony rather than .
How do I connect to higher guidance?
- Increasing your influence in the world, emulate people doing good.
- Where you recognize your own faults, work on eradicating them.
- Represents your ability to improve yourself & your life.
- Increase all that is good and true.
- Increase all that is nourishing & uplifting.
- Sincere and open generosity.
What is best approach to having boundaries without being mean to people? (i.e. What is the best approach to my problem neighbour?)
- A humble heart and a tolerant attitude.
- Create a safe atmosphere where people want to do their best.
- Symbolizes the help that those in a high position can give to those beneath.
- Pass on wisdom/guidance.
- Treat kindly.
What do I need most right now?
#33 Retreat >Coming together / emptation
- Never lose sight of your long-term goal.
- Stay firm and don’t give up the struggle.
- Anchor yourself to that which you truly believe in and no matter how rough it gets, keep that flame alive.
- The time of hardship will end.
- You will emerge stronger and more than capable of succeeding in whatever you take on.
Despite troubles, I’ve felt pretty at peace with everything lately. I translate that to being more in balance within. What say you?
#14 Heavenly Treasure >Clarity
- You’ve found the treasure.
- Now you must use the appropriate vehicle to convey it where it can do the most good.
Why is______ being hostile towards me?
#47 Oppression/Adversity > #6 Conflict
- Quiet contemplation and nonjudgmental consideration of all the factors that have been in play will increase your understanding.
What is the best thing to ask of life to the I Ching?
#41 Decrease >Split Apart
- Be ready to offer help if it is needed.
- Maintain your dignity while in service to others.
- Know your faults and do something about them.
- Keep the balance in your daily life.
What faults do I need to work on?
#42 Increase >Completion
- Be sincere and you’ll come to no harm.
- Your influence is recognized at the highest levels.
- By enriching others, you enrich yourself.
- Sometimes harm happens to good people and in the very process of this happening it becomes beneficial.
- Don’t offer more than you can deliver.
How to discern what is real?
#42 Increase >Making Progress
- The help you receive from above puts you in a position to achieve great things.
- Keep to the middle path – don’t be swayed by extremes.
- If your heart is in the right place, no fuss.
What do I need to know most right now (re: that psycho-ex-neighbour that is threatening me if I don’t get involved in his drama?)
- Being true to yourself, you can’t go wrong.
- Follow your better instincts.
- Beware of being caught up in other peoples messes.
- Act naturally, honourably, and truthfully.
- Act without guilt relying on inner principles.
What am I learning from this?
#56 Wanderer >Stillness
- Don’t lower your guard.
- Being careless can be expensive.
- Hold yourself in check.
What can I do to rectify?
- Don’t get involved in other people’s business.
Both vehicles are currently out of action. Where should I focus my energies whilst seemingly stranded at home?
#22 Grace > #52 Meditate
- It is more graceful to go on foot than to ride in the carriage under a false pretence.
- Kick off your shoes and dance. Gratitude for being alive.
- No need to be anything other than just who you are, or do anything but what you enjoy most.