SJM January 30 at 5:48pm
CH why not try the above diet for a month and see if it helps
CH January 30 at 5:48pm
A person cannot recover from COPD or emphysema. If this were “true” it would be all over the news and medical journals. Please do not give people false hope.
if you do not try how can you say ,it is not false hope
Do you still have COPD? Tell me this, or I should say, how many people on this board have been cured so far? Is your COPD all gone and your lungs went back to normal? Your lungs cannot go back to being normal if they have been destroyed.
CH like you I am stage 4,I am not on oxygen and found changing my diet has helped with my breathing and also my weight
Sorry, didn’t mean to send that yet. Please tell me this, if what you believe in is true, why doesn’t the medical field publish this so everyone can reverse their COPD. My daughter is a doctor and she would be one of the first people to publish your food cure, but……… can you prove that it is true. Do you have a journal of people who have been cured or reversed. Where is the proof of what you say. No matter what you eat, it will not take away the “black” of destroyed lungs. I wish I could get you on the Dr. Oz show. Oh, and trust me, I know how the pharmaceutical companies work. They would hide the cure to make a buck. If you can reverse everyone’s COPD, you should be yelling and screaming this from the tallest building there is. Get on the news, make a statement. I will have Mike Watkiss come interview you. Are you up to this? He is the best of the best.
CH why are you so angry,if you do not believe it can be cured,trust that you can stop the progress,there are 6000 people in many countries who have reversed their COPD through diet,if nothing else it would help with your Diabetes,which I had and got rid of through diet, CH please try ,you owe it to yourself,it takes many years to do the damage we cannot expect to undo it quickly either,change something one day at a time….I wish you well.
I want to see proof that 6000 people have had their COPD reversed. Then, I will believe.
CH read the post in the top right corner,by the Author and founder of this page
i certainly have been told it is irreversable. End of subject, but on the other hand, if we watch what we eat, take more care with what we do, watch out for viruses, and stay well, and out of the cold, you can certainly improve the way you live and breath, but no, you cannot rebuild your lungs that have gone but you must have a positive attitude, im on oxygen as well and bordering stage 4, as far as I am aware, and almost 52, and don’t intend to just give in just yet xx
JE Jan 30 2014
sugar and cigarettes has been the most top priority that I have given up, and seen remarkable change, but when on the tests, still need oxygen when active, but used to it now. COPD comes in many different ways, we just got to find our trigger, and avoid it, and enjoy life, even if it means slowing down, but have been reading up on the diets.
PCP Jan 31 2014
Food has a big impact on COPD. Our doctors do tell us that. However, COPD is not reversible. If it was reversible, Sandra, you would no longer be a Stage 4. I don’t know why the two groups can not work together. The one that believe you only need to change your diet and the ones that believe in the doctors. Meds and a good diet are extremely important for COPD. Used together, the progression of COPD probably can be halted for a while. Unfortunately, when most of us die, our cause of death on our death certificates will read “COPD.” Unless, we die of a heart attack or cancer.
SJM Jan 31 2014
from personal experience my meds were harming me they were not working,changing my diet radically has helped,I have gone from sitting on the couch all day to being able to exercise,It is only a very short time that I have been trying alternative ways so it will be a long road to hopefully what will be recovery full or not I am grateful,I am happy with where I am today to a month ago,You probably do not believe in the use of many other ways people have found a way to turn around this disease.mu goal is to be able go back to atleast partime work,trying reading about the lady who reversed her mothers copd using oils,or the man who turned himself and others around using Hydrogen Peroxide
PCP Jan 31 2014
We each do what we believe is the best for our health. I know from my own experience, I can not live without my medication. I tried…it did not work. I went from end-stage to Stage 3 using my meds. Yes, I do research for everything. It was part of my full-time job to do research. I don’t put anything in my body or on my body unless I research it first.
SJM Jan 31 2014
I have not at any point said I do not use meds,I have had pneumonia x2,not hospitalised,I had a punctured lung 2008,due to accident,currently I am on ventolin as a rescue and foster inhaler ,1 puff morning and night,I was on 6 inhalers and a nebulizer,my medication was masking other problems and also causing more problems due to side effects,my change of diet and other things have given me back a say in what I can do,It is good you research before you put into your body at the end of the day we all want to breathe better and stop this awful disease ,for myself i see positive change and I want this for everyone no matter how they get there.
DMHR Jan 31 2014
There is a place for meds in the healing process and there is also a place for natural oils, diet and exercise. When you absolutely need an antibiotic to assist your immune system in beating an infection then that is the proper place for meds. I do realize that man- made meds like steroids and blood pressure, cholesterol lowering statins and such are poisoning one system in your body to address another symptom you want to ” control” and by their very nature are meant to keep you hooked on them for the rest of your life. I want to HEAL my body and give my immune system what it needs to be strong enough to fight off any bugs that come along. I know that whatever I put into my body is either food or poison so I am trying to make sure that I eliminate the poisons and maximize the foods and healing vitamins, herbs and oils. For those of us who are making these changes, the results are showing up as improvements to our breathing and quality of life. Keep at it Sandra. I love hearing about your improvements and healing!
DMHR – Jan 31 2014
CH you asked about folks who healed themselves; well I am one of them. I started on Greg’s diet and supplement regime in about November, 2012. At that time I was a Gold stage 3/ 4 severe and was gasping for breath when I had to walk 50 feet to the bathroom from my bed. I quit smoking in May, 2012. I went for my 1 year checkup two months ago and my FEV scores have gone from a 49 % to a 79%….which means my Gold Stage is now 1(mild). The real difference is that I have very few limitations and am down to only 1 daily medication for COPD ( I was on 4). The one med I still take is and hopefully by the end of 2014 I will have weaned myself off of that as well. I also have a son who is Chief of Medicine at a large hospital here in the states and he has admitted to me that doctors receive zero training in nutritional intervention or exercise for diseases…they are trained to diagnose the illness and prescribe the “appropriate” medication. Listen to these gals…Penny is a storehouse of information on COPD and Sandra is learning so fast she amazes me!
SJM Jan 31 2014
Thank you Diane,the will to live and improve daily is the incentive,also the belief I will beat this,thank you and Penny for your support it certainly has put me on the right road,I want to learn more and more.
Read my list of Saved Conversations from the COPD Group
- The New Menu That Began My Mother’s Recovery from COPD & Emphysema [↩]
- Conversations about COPD – Anti-Medication [↩]
- Conversations about COPD – Baby Steps Towards Health [↩]
- Google Scholar Search – http://scholar.google.com.au/ [↩]
- Google Books Search – http://books.google.com.au/ [↩]
- Cure Emphysema Naturally (120+ COPD remedies from around the web) [↩]
- Dr Oz – Alternative Health [↩]
- Dr Oz – [ Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Animation↩]
- Dr Oz – Lungs 101, pt 1 [↩]
- Dr Oz – Lungs 101, pt 2 [↩]
- Dr Oz – Acupuncture to Ease Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease [↩]
- Dr Oz – Dr. Joel Fuhrman’s Super Immunity Diet [↩]
- Dr Oz – Silent Reflux: A Hidden Epidemic [↩]
- Dr Oz – [ , a Powerful Herb↩]
- Dr Oz – The Disease Your Doctor Can’t Diagnose [↩]
- Dr Oz – Natural Prescription Alternatives, Pt 1 [↩]
- Dr Oz – Deadly Drug Interactions: Are Your Meds Putting You at Risk? [↩]
- Dr Oz – Nutrition [↩]
- Dr Oz – Toxic Acid Takedown: Fighting Inflammation [↩]
- Dr Oz – The Dangerous Ingredient Manufacturers Don’t Want You Know About [↩]
- Dr Oz – Chronic Inflammation, Pt. 1 [↩]
- Dr Oz – Chronic Inflammation, Pt. 2 [↩]
- Dr Oz – Immunity Squad: Lymph Nodes [↩]
- Dr Oz – The Nutrition Plan That Will Save Your Life [↩]
- Dr Oz – The Healing Properties of Juicing [↩]
- Dr Oz – 5-Day Vitamin Plan: Energize Your Body [↩]
- Dr Oz – The Weird Reasons You’re So Tired [↩]
- Dr Oz – The Hidden Dangers of Grilling [↩]
- Dr Oz – Dr. Oz’s Longevity Prescription [↩]
- Dr Oz – When Coughs Kill: Lung Cancer, Pt 1. [↩]
- Dr Oz – Turning Every Kidney Cancer Patient Into a Survivor [↩]
- Dr Oz – The Ins and Outs of Intestinal Worms [↩]
- Dr Oz – Cancer [↩]
- Dr Oz – Two Alternative Health Secrets [↩]
- Dr Oz – Find Chakra Balance Through Your Diet [↩]
- Dr Oz – Chinese Facial-Reading Chart [↩]
- Dr Oz – Alzheimer’s, Smokers and Longevity [↩]
- COPD Treatments Facebook Group – admin: Greg Miller, author of How I cured my Mom’s Emphysema [↩]
- Conversations about COPD [↩]
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is not medical science or medical advice. I do not have any medical training aside from my own research and interest in this area. The information I publish is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, disorder, pain, injury, deformity, or physical or mental condition. I just report my own results, understanding & research.
Latest posts by Penny (NaturalHealing.com.au) (see all)
- My Health Purchases (which, why, where & how much) - Dec 5, 2016
- Thinking of new channel plus pathogens controlling us - Apr 27, 2016
- Emphysema – the beginning - Oct 13, 2015
- The Ick-Factor of Drinking your own Pee (Journey to being Educated instead of Grossed-Out) - Aug 18, 2015
- July Green Smoothies [Food Diary] - Jul 28, 2015