Geez January 17 at 4:36am
I know that feeling of being petrified of lung infections and colds. Don’t over do, everything else can wait! Take good care of yourself, have the chicken soup and tea with honey and and sleep. You’re going to be ok its just scary. Hope you are right as rain in no time xx
DMH January 17 at 11:54pm
I lived on Miso soup when I had the flu. Just chopped up a baby , a little and a green onion and put them in the bowl. Pour boiling water over the veggies and let cook for about 2 minutes before adding the Miso base. You do not want to boil Miso as it destroys the good enzymes in the Miso.
BM January 18 at 12:39am
I guess colds and flu type infections are one of my biggest hang ups . It seems like once I catch a cold its going to end up with repository infection and another two week ordeal. This one of my biggest excuses for not wanting to get out this time of year , its hard not to let crap go and go own and live your life. I have had a lot of thoughts after reading other peoples post and you do not know how much it helps to know your not the only one rowing upstream.
DMH January 18 at 2:59am
I think its the fear that the cold will turn into something else that scares most folks and causes so much anxiety. I know I still feel it even thought I’ve gone almost 2 years now without an exacerbation even though I’ve had the flu twice and one nasty cold. Since I quit smoking and made dietary changes, the colds aren’t going straight to my chest and causing bronchitis and then pneumonia like they used to.
Read my list of Saved Conversations from the COPD Group
- Miso Soup for a Cold – http://pennybutler.com/miso-soup-for-a-cold/ [↩]
- Difference between Colds & Flu’s – http://drbenkim.com/cold-flu-difference-health.html [↩]
- COPD Treatments Facebook Group – admin: Greg Miller, author of How I cured my Mom’s Emphysema [↩]
- Conversations about COPD [↩]
DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is not medical science or medical advice. I do not have any medical training aside from my own research and interest in this area. The information I publish is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, disorder, pain, injury, deformity, or physical or mental condition. I just report my own results, understanding & research.
Latest posts by Penny (NaturalHealing.com.au) (see all)
- My Health Purchases (which, why, where & how much) - Dec 5, 2016
- Thinking of new channel plus pathogens controlling us - Apr 27, 2016
- Emphysema – the beginning - Oct 13, 2015
- The Ick-Factor of Drinking your own Pee (Journey to being Educated instead of Grossed-Out) - Aug 18, 2015
- July Green Smoothies [Food Diary] - Jul 28, 2015