Activated Charcoal Teeth Whitener
- 1 Capsule Activated-Charcoal from Health-Food store
- 1 tsp or so water
- Mix Activated Charcoal with a little bit of water, then brush your teeth with it for about 3 minutes.
- Rinse with water
- (or bicarb soda + water, or sea-salt + water)
- You could also just empty the charcoal into a little dipping sauce bowl, dip your toothbrush into an oil like coconut oil or sunflower oil, then dip your toothbrush into the charcoal.
Although it doesn’t look pretty, I like the concept:
- Can help pull toxins in the mouth
- Removes stains, especially those caused by coffee
- Kills bad bacteria
- Absorbs & traps bad odors
- Odorless & tasteless
This is one recipe I’m yet to try and research more thoroughly, but I’ll use it this week, then update this post.
I use homemade coconut oil toothpaste, so Im thinking of using that, then “dipping” it into the charcoal.
Jan 29th – First Update
Okee’s.. just tried it for the first time.. woah, it’s a messy thing to do lol. I emptied a little capsule into one of my plastic salad-dressing holders, then I put some coconut oil on my toothbrush and dipped it into the charcoal & proceeded to brush my teeth. *Reminder to self* Don’t do this in the mornings. Mouth goes completely black (of course) and I’m unsure of whether I’d be able to get it all off. The bathroom sink and walls got splatters of charcoal all over it too, hehe. Ok, so result? Cannot see any change, still have coffee-teeth. Will keep trying and recording updates :)
Related articles across the web
References [ + ]