Raw Cauliflower Sushi Rolls
Raw Cauliflower Sushi Rolls
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- Flavour (your choice of Olive Oil, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Cumin, Sunflower Seeds, Flatleaf Parsley, Himalayan Salt, Tumeric, Fennel Seed, Cinnamon, etc.)
- Nori Seaweed or Zucchini or Cabbage/Kale Leaves
- Colourful ingredients (your choice carrot, beetroot, radish, spinach, avocado, etc.)
- Dressing (your choice Soy/Tamari, Sesame, Garlic, Lime juice, etc.) or with Wasabi paste or Miso paste, etc.)
- Blend Head of Cauliflower in Food Processor until it looks like Rice
- Add Flavour (such as Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, cumin, cinnamon, sunflower seeds, flatleaf parsley, himalayan salt, tumeric, fennel seed) *BLEND with Cauliflower*.
- Roll in Nori Seaweed.
- Add bits of carrot, beetroot, radish, spinach as you are rolling.
- Drizzle with a Dressing from the dressing section (Soy/Tamari, Sesame, Garlic, Lime juice, etc.) or with Wasabi paste or Miso paste.
- Instead of Nori Sheets, you can use Cabbage, Sliced Zucchini, or Kale
- Instead of Cauliflower, try Broccoli or Quinoa
Benefits of Main Ingredients
- Potent Cancer Fighter. (How does Cauliflower fight cancer? Within minutes of being eaten, sulforaphane enters the bloodstream and turbocharges the body’s antioxidant defense systems. When it reaches the cells, it activates phase-2 detoxification enzymes in the liver, which then “disarm” carinogenic molecules and help remove them from the cells.)
- 1 cup of raw cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin K & vitamin C
good source of fibre, potassium, phosphorus, and B vitamins
- Loaded with folate, helps to improve cell growth and reproduction and acts as a blood & liver detoxer
- One ounce of raw nori contains 11 milligrams of infection-fighting vitamin C and also delivers nearly 1,500IU of vitamin A (builds immunity, safeguard against night blindness)
- Of all the sea vegetables, nori is the highest in vitamins B1, B2, B6, C, and E.
- Of all the sea vegetables, nori is the lowest in , however in our lifetime, we only need less than a teaspoon, but as the body doesn’t store it, we still need to consume it through our foods via seafood, nori, or other sea vegetables.
- Iodine is an important trace element and is needed by the body to have a healthy thyroid gland.
Image Examples of other people’s raw cauliflower sushi are from the following websites:
- Sushi Without Rice Low Carbohydrate
- Raw Zucchini Sushi Rolls
- Vegan Veggie Sushi Rolls with Cauliflower Rice
- Rice Free, Fish Free: Assorted Raw Veggie Sushi & Yam Rolls
- Faux Sushi
- Raw Collard Greens Sushi Rolls
- Veggie Sushi
- I’m On A (sushi) Roll : Your DIY Raw Vegan Sushi Tutorial
- Raw Vegan Sushi Rolls
- Raw Vegan Sushi Wraps
- Primal Sushi
- 5 Forgotten Recipes
- The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth By Jonny Bowden [↩]
- The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods By Michael T. Murray, Joseph Pizzorno [↩]
- Supercharged Food: Eat Your Way to Health By Lee Holmes [↩]
- The Doctors Book of Food Remedies By Selene Yeager [↩]
- Raw Food Formula for Health By Paul Nison [↩]
- Boosting Your Immunity For Dummies By Wendy Warner, Kellyann Petrucci [↩]
- Supercharge with Superfoods: 365 Ways to Maximize Your Health! By Delia Quigley, B.E. Horton [↩] [↩] [↩] [↩]