How to Backup your Facebook Profile, Friends, Videos, Photos, Messages, etc.
Facebook now has it’s own in-built tool that enables you to backup your:
- Facebook Profile Information
- Facebook Photos
- Facebook Videos
- Posts on your Wall
- All of your Messages
- Your Friends List
- And other Content you have shared on your Profile
All in one convenient Zip File!
1.) Login to Facebook (obviously!)
2.) Click on "Account" (top right-hand corner)
3.) Click on "Account Settings"
4.) Make sure you are in the "Settings" section (default)
5.) Scroll down the bottom of this section and find "Download
Your Information", click on "learn more"
6.) Click on the Download button
Which will bring up a window that warns that it might take some time, etc.
(Click Download again)
Which will bring up a new window (they just LOVE popup windows, but at least
they are the sexy Ajax and no page reloading). Click Okay.
7.) Patiently wait for Facebook to finish (length of time depends on
how much crap you have – I have lots of crap, took hours.)
8.) An email will arrive with a link to your Zip file.
9.) Verify your Password.
10.) Download the zip file
11.) Browse your backup :)
Latest posts by Penny (PennyButler.com) (see all)
- Mini-Camping trip with Zane - Dec 19, 2016
- Apathy, PTSD, Depression or Stability? - Dec 17, 2016
- Supplements I’m using to boost immunity - Dec 14, 2016
- Zombie – Lifetime of Over-thinking & Extreme Emotions to Emptiness - Dec 12, 2016
- For me, Taking Kids to School, Italian - Dec 12, 2016