How to Backup your Facebook Profile, Friends, Videos, Photos, Messages, etc.
Facebook now has it’s own in-built tool that enables you to backup your:
- Facebook Profile Information
- Facebook Photos
- Facebook Videos
- Posts on your Wall
- All of your Messages
- Your Friends List
- And other Content you have shared on your Profile
All in one convenient Zip File!
1.) Login to Facebook (obviously!)
2.) Click on "Account" (top right-hand corner)
3.) Click on "Account Settings"
4.) Make sure you are in the "Settings" section (default)
5.) Scroll down the bottom of this section and find "Download
Your Information", click on "learn more"
6.) Click on the Download button
Which will bring up a window that warns that it might take some time, etc.
(Click Download again)
Which will bring up a new window (they just LOVE popup windows, but at least
they are the sexy Ajax and no page reloading). Click Okay.
7.) Patiently wait for Facebook to finish (length of time depends on
how much crap you have – I have lots of crap, took hours.)
8.) An email will arrive with a link to your Zip file.
9.) Verify your Password.
10.) Download the zip file
11.) Browse your backup :)
Latest posts by Penny (PennyButler.com) (see all)
- Be a student of the world – embrace all shades of being human - Jul 25, 2015
- Making Fear and Suffering your Friend – Bashar [Notes] - Jul 24, 2015
- Everything is here to help you – Matt Khan [Notes] - Jul 22, 2015
- Evolve to see the bigger picture – question everything - Jul 21, 2015
- Good Vibes, Loving “Newness”, Taboo Chat [Video] - Jul 20, 2015